Car stolen at VTNZ station

Page 1 / 2
davidgb, May 23, 9:05am

grangies, May 23, 9:14am
The part where it says it was her "dream car" is weird. Is that just the news media over exaggerating!

I hate thieves with a passion. As in HATE HATE HATE .

But the dream car part must be a load of media journalistic waffle.

Those old Commodores are easily sought. All she needs to do is buy another.

jamstew, May 23, 9:17am
VTNZ always leave my keys in the cars or trucks, and i never had an issue with it. I think it is stupid they are getting stuck into VTNZ, they should be all guns up over the thief! Bugger always catering for the thieves, it would be nice to not have to worry about these bastards taking everything not tied down

unbeatabull, May 23, 9:18am
I hate customers that leave keys in the car. You get the job and go where the f#$k are the keys! Especially when there are 20 odd cars out front all identical and using the alarm to locate makes a lot easier.

TBH If you leave keys in your car, doesn't matter where, its your own fault.

hijacka, May 23, 9:21am
I wouldn't leave customers cars outside unlocked with keys in it, Why should VTNZ be any different!

unbeatabull, May 23, 9:27am
They didn't! The way I read it she left the keys in the car then left.

yeahm8, May 23, 9:27am
This is just advertising to the thieves that VTNZ is an easy target.

yeahm8, May 23, 9:30am
Where does it say that!.I read ""It seems that they left the car unattended with the keys in the ignition and went into the office".the key word "they"

unbeatabull, May 23, 9:31am
If you go into the office with the office staff I would think it'd be common sense to take the keys with you. In saying that, I always ask the customer for the keys as well.

hijacka, May 23, 9:44am
It seems that they left the car unattended with the keys in the ignition and went into the office. In the meantime, someone came along, got into my car and drove it away," Ms Tyler said.
The story sounds like vtnz left the keys in, but then again it could be just a media spin! But who knows. at least the owner still had insurance though.

johnf_456, May 23, 10:16am
Everyone has different opinions of what there dream car is.

n1smo_gtir, May 23, 12:14pm
it's standard vtnz protocol for customer to leave key in car n head into office to pay for inspection job, inspector drives in to conduct vehicle, once complete, he leaves key in ignition while calling the owener. just odd that they'd tell her to go home n that they'll call her. don't vtnz always run that add about how quick n easy their inspections are and that it's done while you wait.

robotnik, May 23, 12:50pm
It was a pre-purchase inspection not a WOF inspection. A pre-purchase inspection takes longer as it is more indepth. You typically leave your car with them for a couple of hours or so for these.

robotnik, May 23, 12:58pm
A Commodore even in base specification is quite a nice car overall. If your previous car was some decades old bomb then a 2003 Commodore would be like a dream come true.

net_oz, May 23, 5:34pm
A prepurchase inspection on a car she had just won on here. Must be a blonde.

pollymay, May 23, 5:58pm
You don't own it till the money changes hands. Don't really see the issue.

dezzie, May 23, 6:27pm
Should be the seller going off more than her, hes the one thats out of money, and is left with the mess to clean up with the insurance people, still, if it was listed on here I guess theres some good pics readily available to give the cops.

kcc55a, May 23, 8:25pm
It probably wont be in the same "dream car" condition when they get it back

mar-mite, May 23, 8:33pm
would he get insurance on a car that had keys left in the ignition! makes you wonder.

bigfatmat1, May 24, 12:28am
my subie got stolen out of a workshop on a monday morning while people were working and I was upstairs. I next seen it on police 10/7 involved in a armed robery

mugenb20b, May 24, 12:30am
their

bellky, May 24, 1:53am
My Subie got stolen out of a workshop on Monday morning, while people were working upstairs. I next saw it on Police 10/7 involved in an armed robbery.

elect70, May 24, 1:57am
Insurance co might do VTNZ for not taking due care & attention of car while in their possesion .Old " cars stored & driven at owners risk"doesnt wash anymore .

imn, May 24, 2:35am
I knew there was a reason I always took my keys when I went to vtnz. No way would i leave them in the car. Plus I always keep an eye on it. How horrid for the owner. Insurance will never pay what he sold it for.

footplate1, May 24, 4:27am
It is a while since we have been reminded to lock our cars at the petrol station, while paying.

But then, why should we need to be reminded to use common sense!