Holden HSV Clubsport Stolen In Taranaki

croco1, Jan 29, 1:54am
Don't know if this has been posted before, but I was working up in New Plymouth last week and this story was in the local Taranaki news paper

http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/6308227/Powerful-car-stolen-off-dealer

Police and a New Plymouth car dealer are remaining tight-lipped about how thieves made off with a valuable and rare vehicle this week.

The red 2011 "Black Edition" Holden HSV Clubsport, which is one of only 15 in the country and two that are red, was stolen from the basement of Max Pennington's Auto City about noon on Monday.

Nobody at the Molesworth St car dealership would comment about the theft yesterday.

Detective Pat Yates said police wanted to hear from anyone with information about the stolen vehicle, which is valued at $93,000.

"Police are also interested in any sightings of another similar late-model black Holden Commodore seen at Max Pennington's around the time the vehicle was stolen," Mr Yates said.

The stolen V8's registration plate is GDF413.

Mr Yates would not release details of how the thieves were able to start the car and drive it away.

A motor industry source said the car would have been stolen on demand and specifically targeted for its powerful engine.

jkm, Jan 29, 2:09am
I was told 3 well dressed people walked in, two distrated staff while the 3rd claimed to be the owner and was given the keys! Dont know if that is true or not. Could get messy on the insurance claim.

croco1, Jan 29, 2:30am
Last year when I was up there working, there was a story in the local paper about a long time well trusted employee who ripped Max Pennington motors off a lot of money, as a result and plus with the recession they are really struggling, maybe there is more to this than just a theft but a debt collection for money owed

zoltec45, Jan 29, 3:42am
This is the dealership I work in currently! Someone came in and distracted the reception staff with a bogus story about idling (reception went outside to talk about vehicle) all during the lunch break and another guy grabbed keys off key board and drove off in it

zoltec45, Jan 29, 3:45am
"Police are also interested in any sightings of another similar late-model black Holden Commodore seen at Max Pennington's around the time the vehicle was stolen," Mr Yates said.

This was the distraction vehicle- it is also presumed stolen. Its a black 4 door VY model commodore with a 2 door pontiac front (large kidney style grill) with 2011 plates on it