Chevrolet Cruze. Hi does anyone have a chevrolet cruze and if so what do you think of themam thinking of upgrading my car but wo

redpeppa, May 27, 1:56am
Hi does anyone have a chevrolet cruze and if so what do you think of them!Am thinking of upgrading my car but would appreciate any feedback on your thoughts.Cheers

tgray, May 27, 1:57am
Yuck.
And that's coming from a Chevy fan.

kazbanz, May 27, 2:00am
Which one! ---there are two totally different cars badged as a cruize.
One is from 02-05and IS a suzuki swift. so a nippy little car with no real vices. Nice to drive around town.
Im sorry I havent had a chance to experience the 07-2012 cruize which is a bigger car

phillip.weston, May 27, 2:08am
I'm guessing you are looking at a Jap import early-mid 2000s model! They are a rebadged Suzuki Ignis and were also sold as the Holden Cruze for a while too. The current shape Holden Cruze is also badged as a Chevrolet Cruze in other markets like Europe and the US and is actually a Daewoo Lacetti Premiere.

phillip.weston, May 27, 2:10am

tigra, May 27, 2:56am
Quite correct phillip, Hope kazbanz reads that too.Had a Holden Cruze for 8 years and generally had a good run out of over 120k'sBut there are a few factory recall issues which some cars never applied for.

tigra, May 27, 2:57am
Should add the Holden Cruze was 4wd and 1.5

kazbanz, May 27, 9:46am
mate-Im looking out my window at two cruizes and a swift -all 1300 two wheel drive all look identical except for cosmetics

wsd, May 27, 11:34am
I bought a 4wd Cruze 1300cc about 5 years ago with 60,000kms and now its done over 130000kms. I've been really happy with it. About a year ago I had to change a front CV joint as it was noisy and have just done the waterpump and belts but otherwise apart from regular oil changes and new tyres its been an economical and reliable car.

phillip.weston, May 27, 9:10pm
If you read the article it says Suzuki badge them as a Swift but in export markets outside of Japan they are known as the Ignis.

tigra, May 27, 9:56pm
And Holden took the Ignis and turned it into a 4wd. As far as I know it was only ever available in Aus and NZ.

freedomaira320, May 27, 10:26pm
Not correct. Holden did design that model of Cruze, but it was sold as a Chevrolet Cruze or Suzuki Ignis in other markets, in both 2WD and 4WD. To confuse matters it was actually built in Japan and Hungary. GM isa complicated company.

freedomaira320, May 27, 10:30pm
If you're talking about upgrading, I imagine you're talking about the more modern Cruze, so ignore everything you've seen on this thread so far. It is a completely different vehicle.

phillip.weston, May 27, 10:39pm
Actually, given they said they are looking at a CHEVROLET Cruze it's highly likely they ARE talking about the Suzuki Ignis/Swift derived Cruze rather than the current shape which is ONLY sold as a Holden in NZ and you wont find one badged as a CHEVROLET on our shores.

freedomaira320, May 27, 11:13pm
Yip, fair comment. There would be very few, if any, Chevrolet badged new model Cruzes here. So as you were everyone.

kazbanz, May 28, 12:28am
Um er yasee gosh um
The original Chevrolet Cruze was derived from the subcompact Suzuki Swift (also called Ignis)-fancy way of saying it IS a swift
GM revealed the production Chevrolet Cruze in October 2001, with Japanese sales commencing the following month Manufactured by Suzuki in Japan, the Cruze was also sold in Australasia from 2002 through to 2006 as the Holden Cruze.
So there you go. Basicly a Cruze is a Suzuki Swift with a bit of fancy styling and because it is also badged a Holden cruize you can get parts at any Holden or suzuki dealer.

I have "NO IDEA" whose blurb that came from of course