Why do you buy your parts and accessories? survey

Page 1 / 2
mrgo, May 24, 9:06pm
Hi guys, my first post onhere, just a quick survey to see who buys what from where when it comes to automotive parts and accessories.

thunderbolt, May 24, 9:12pm
Why! Because I want them.

Where! Mainly Repco, some online, some other resellers & Part suppliers.

shaun16, May 24, 9:26pm
smells like self promotion

hamishcookie, May 24, 9:30pm
Ripco

floscey, May 24, 9:31pm
blatent self promotion of a crap store in Manurewa.

phalanax, May 24, 9:34pm
Dont buy accessories at all. stock standard.oil filters and oil from whom-ever has them cheapest for that week.brake pads etc I buy from the cheapest place as well

mugenb20b, May 24, 9:36pm
I don't buy accessories any more, but used to get them through Repco and Maidstone Mufflers in Upper Hutt.

666steve, May 24, 10:01pm
I buy all my Volvo parts off Ebay or direct out of England. Half the price of buying them here.

mrgo, May 24, 10:08pm
actually just a quick survey - and why crap! had a bad experience huh!

mrgo, May 24, 10:10pm
so by ripco i would presume you feel you are getting ripped off correct! myself as a consumer would go to the nearest place and ask for a discount.

floscey, May 24, 10:12pm
i wont make you look that bad Jeff.

hutchk, May 24, 10:13pm
What an awesome, informative thread.

mrgo, May 24, 10:21pm
it could be informative if you participated - think about it, everybody drives cars, cars need things replaced, what do you do about it! where do you go, is it a convenience thing, is it price driven! etc

bellky, May 24, 10:23pm
So you're using us for market research!

mrgo, May 24, 10:23pm
as far as self promotion - ive read and understand the rules - and ive not broken any - "No commercial use or self-promotion
Over-posting or spamming of the message board ruins it for others. The message board is for open discussion only, so please don't advertise any auction, product, or service. This includes trying to facilitate a trade through the message boards (including wanted postings)"

mrgo, May 24, 10:25pm
@bellky - yes in a nutshell

compchick, May 24, 10:40pm
STAparts, Rip Every Poor C**t Off (Repco), ebay (we had some parts sent by sea freight ahhh won't do that again, cheaper than air freight but when it gets to this side ouch quite a few extra charges no one told us about) and sometimes Supercheap. where ever has the cheapest parts we're not loyal :D

floscey, May 24, 10:46pm
ok i will play along . Are you asking Why or Where !

nzfatie, May 24, 10:49pm
Supercheap are good when they have a 25% off sale, otherwise you can get basic car parts from Partmaster and Appco cheaper. Avoid Repco as they're a retail only. Appco is their trade/wholesale division.

hamishcookie, May 24, 10:57pm
If I had to pay retail then yes I would, trade pricing seams ok. The markup they make on parts sold to the public must be huge.

flagheaven, May 24, 11:00pm
mrgs - jeff - a blast from the past. still in conifer !

wellyguynz, May 24, 11:04pm
BNT automotive, Went to repco for a exaust manifold gaskit for a 2.2 camrythey wanted $60 BNT was $10

mrgo, May 24, 11:38pm
where - "typo"

mrgo, May 24, 11:41pm
Im warren i run the trademe side of the business - yes geoff is still in conifer grove.

mugenb20b, May 24, 11:53pm
If I do need parts, I usually get them through Repco. The reasons being, is that they are open on the weekends BUT, also, because I get a really good discount through work. Otherwise, I refuse to pay retail prices no matter where I go.