Opinion please. Thoughts on Nissan Cefiro 96

psychofox, Jul 12, 10:12pm
I'm looking for a run around car, mainly for taking my kids to school, shopping etc. I will be going up and down hills so don't want anything gutless. What are your thoughts on the above car! It's a 2500cc, 6 cylinder.
Thanks in advance.

richardmayes, Jul 12, 10:33pm
That is basically a Jap import version of the Maxima, I never hear much criticism of those so it might be potentially a good car. 2.5 litres is adequate but not a heck of a lot of engine in a car of that size. (But you should wait for someone who actually knows a thing or two about these cars to comment on here!)

Just be aware that the previous model "Cefiro" was a completely different car, and it is a boy racer icon because the engine drives the back wheels on those, making them good for doing skids apparently.

Most hoons will know that your Cefiro is completely different and it won't do any amazing skids, but that might not stop the thicker ones among them from stealing it if you leave it parked in the wrong street on the wrong night.

psychofox, Jul 12, 10:40pm
Thanks for that Richard, I appreciated any input!
The other car I am interested in is a Mitsubishi Diamante SEI 1998, 3500cc 6 cylinder. But I haven't read many positive things about Mitsi's. So confused!

girlracer2005, Jul 12, 11:28pm
hi i own a cefrio its a 95 2l v6 and i find its great have had a 2.5 as well great cars lots of power when needed also nice to drive on long trips. and with been cam chain not as many worrys as having a cambelt. good leg room also

wrxnz1, Jul 13, 12:06am
my gf also has one they are good reliable cars very smooth to drive i do find it lacks a bit of power but then again im used to my wrx
dont get the mitsi unreliable

ringo2, Jul 13, 12:13am
Get a Fiat of VW

kazbanz, Jul 13, 12:36am
good SOLID reliable cars. I wouldn't even concider the Mitzi

psychofox, Jul 13, 1:08am
Thank you all. Going to check out the Cefiro this afternoon, if all is well I think I'll go with that one.

cuda.340, Jul 13, 1:21am
my wife drives one. we bought it as a hack so she can leave at the railway station all day. it's never been broken into, drives real sweet. it don't have a sh!tload of power but it dont drink gas either. on a long trip 4 adults can sit quite comfortably with ample leg room in the back. she had a Diamante before & the Cefiro don't have the same creature comforts but all round, it's an ok car.

matarautrader, Jul 13, 9:29am
Had a 95 2.5 for 9 years. Apart from tyres warrants light bulbs etc it cost $60 for a new speedo. Not bad for 9 years and 100km. Got 36mpg on a trip.

johnf_456, Jul 13, 10:15am
Wicked cars

psychofox, Sep 8, 7:16pm
Hehe, I've decided to give the Mitsi a miss ;)
Thanks for all the feedback. The cefiro looked good except it reeks of dog!