Amp Fuse IsuzuBighorn 1990keeps blowing! any ideas

scuttle, Jul 7, 5:10am
help! my amp fuse in my Isuzu Bighorn Lotus keeps blowing. Even with increasing the amp size of the fuse. Any helpful suggestions welcome . Mrs says she had a water splash issue day before when the zusi coughed but went again

toyboy3, Jul 7, 5:12am
Put a piece of wire in and follow the smoketrail

scuttle, Jul 7, 5:22am
LoL yes that would find it

skin1235, Jul 7, 5:24am
I bet it will still drive with the amp fuse removed
so drive it to the audio shop and even with your severely impaired hearing try hard to listen to them when they explain ' the amp is too fkn bit to be fitted to a vehicle, it draws more than an average household at teatime, and no, a 4 inch nail is not a fuse ( although I do like the idea of fit a nail in and follow the smoke trail too lol)

scuttle, Jul 7, 5:29am
Hi Skin I not sure if it has another problem as I only found the fuse blown when I was trying to get it started. The glow plugs light is not coming on at all and it wont start. With my superior skills in auto repair I just thought the 2 were related. But the starting problem may be something else again. Thanks for your input.

skin1235, Jul 7, 5:36am
in that case my commiserations, best bet would be to unclip the amp completely ( sidecutters through the main feeder is quickest, and quieter for the rest of the road users) . but, if after disconnecting the amp it still pops the fuse at least you now know it is not the amp and very likely the glow system direct shorting, and thus not starting ( the glow still draw current after the light goes out - the light indicates don't even try until we are half lot) . while the rail is shorting the start current is going to be severely reduced ( if you have a nail in there instead of a fuse) if you have persisted with standard fuses you will have popped another and still get no cranking
peace