Holden employees in $2.5m stolen parts racket

Page 2 / 2
geoff_m, Jul 3, 8:07am
True or not, one story I was told involved the NZ car plants and ambulances, where they used to go in for work or conversions. They were checked very carefully on leaving to make sure no extras were stashed inside and walking out the door. They saw as expected the ambo had a spare tyre - but they didn't check if it had one when it came in.

nightboss, Jul 3, 10:03am
Hey Ryanm2 Buddy. Read this.

http://www.corrections.sa.gov.au/sa-prisons

peacebird15, Jul 3, 12:16pm
My dad worked the wharfs, one of the guys would order BSA parts from the local shop and steal them as they arrived on the wharf. Built most of a brand new bike bit by bit.

elect70, Jul 3, 12:18pm
& another ,police& ambulance were called to a house in Seaview petone(years ago )ceiling in garage collapsed onowner,foundhundreds of tins of Resene paint had been stored up there , hewas an employee for15 years . Every job had to have a perk .

elect70, Jul 3, 12:24pm
& another , mate was adrainlayer but worked for power board & did drainlaying as perk , He would "borrow "their diggerfor weekend to dig the trenches . As forthe wharf, anything you wantedcould be got atbargain pricein the pub .

roadkill3, Jul 3, 11:45pm
save the perk for after work

supernova2, Jul 4, 5:33am
Back in the day was in a Public Bar (remember those!) on a Friday nite.Bushman type guy wanders in and loudly asks if anyone is interested in a dozer.Boys all troup outside and out on the street is a low loader with dozer on the back.Yep you guessed it hot as hell.He sold it and then delivered the thing to the purchaser.Then took the lowloader back to the bush and came home in his own car.I'm guessing the boys roll up to work on Monday and "oh look no dozer".Absolutely amazing.

pieman33h, Jul 4, 11:40pm
Havent heard the dozer one before - thats priceless!
Know of a large company who managed to lose a large digger between the wharf in Auckland and a workshop in Hamilton - brand new too!

sw20, Jul 5, 1:15am
How did that work out in the end for the meat workers

elect70, Jul 5, 2:42am
No one ever prosecuted, eventually closed & demolished .Did a lotthere after the big coolstore fire,we got$G1worth of scap copper out of it aswe were oncontract to rewire it& hadright to all scrap copper .

sw20, Jul 5, 2:57am
Eventually closed and demolished. That was the bit I was hinting at. Probably like 90% of the over unionised businesses in the land.