Evo7 convert to targa car

bevharris1938, Jun 22, 4:41am
Any idea what sort of money involved to convert our evo7 to a targa car !
Car has upgraded the suspension / larger injectors / ECU remap so far / standard turbo with 10psi setting and 20 psi setting.

cuda.340, Jun 22, 4:45am
sell it & buy Protors Nissan since he's retired from Targa, much faster car, more chances of winning

bevharris1938, Jun 22, 4:49am
Thanks for the info cuda , not looking at winning just competing and completing :-)

richardmayes, Jun 22, 4:51am
You just need a cage, plenty of sets of tyres, and a box full of running repair parts don't you!

All sorts of people are running in the targa in much lesser cars than a mildly-tuned evo 7!

phillip.weston, Jun 22, 4:52am
why would you be running 10psi! that's less than they run from factory.

bevharris1938, Jun 22, 4:53am
What are the entry fees ! And price to get the car cert'd for the event!

bevharris1938, Jun 22, 4:55am
Sorry just going by what the previous owner told me , there is a switch between low boost and high boost, fella told me low was 10 high was 20

sr2, Jun 22, 5:30am
Minimum you??

fiatracer, Jun 22, 6:00am
having said that. I bought a car professionally built for targa. Never going to set the world alight with 130hp or so, but RWD and world famous for being a superb RWD chassis. The car was bought for [I'm guessing] 10k, and then professionally converted for Targa use by a well known motorsport firm for a total of 11k[perhaps plus helmets and overalls]. This was in 2004, when Targa was much more aboutfun, and less serious/slower

ghost-roaster, Jun 22, 7:06am
Have alook here.It doesn't seemtostate the full cost toenter ,but I think it's about 3g
http://www.targa.co.nz/Entry-Terms-and-Conditions_1013.aspx!EvId=56

grangies, Jun 22, 7:49am
WOW !

In the auction, they say price is less than half it would cost to build. But when you view the blog about the car it looks like they have done a lot of it themselves, and very well too.

To pay others to do what they have done would cost much more than twice their asking price. A LOT more.

ninja_man, Jun 22, 9:22am
yeah, in my opinion alot of car for the money and tastefully modified (bar the wing). I would buy it if i had $$$

sr2, Jun 22, 10:56am
Nice car and a great buy but I would have some reservations about how fast it would run. I'd be very suprised if a relatively standard Evo7 was not only much quicker but was far more reliable.

holden_fan2006, Jun 22, 11:03am
I've helped out with a number of Targas doing timing crew and working with a dude who had done a couple in his zed. Said it was awesome fun but you gotta have the coin! Entry fee for the week long one is upwards of 5k. For the week he said it cost upwards of 20k+. (for everything).

bevharris1938, Jun 23, 12:38am
Thanks for all your answers , where in the bay of plenty can you get a proper cage installed !