How much would you pay?. To have your leather seats in your car professionally conditioned have received a quote from a local pe

shuddupowh, Jun 16, 4:33am
To have your leather seats in your car professionally conditioned! Have received a quote from a local person who comes to you, at $57 PER seating position (and its a 7seater) so thats ALOT of money so not very keen. Our leather is still excellent, no cracks or rips etc just wanted to give it a condition to see keep it like this but at that price its not worth it. So how much would you pay or have paid!

shuddupowh, Jun 16, 4:35am
I have just gone all over them with the spray stuff you get in the shop (spray on, then wipe off) shined it up etc. Does anybody know of a leather conditioner you'd recommend!

mark.52, Jun 16, 4:39am
Mothers is good.
I suspect that Meguires is also good.

Someone I know used purified olive oil - purchased from the chemist- to restore the leather seats on his old car, and they came up real nice.

gunhand, Jun 16, 4:43am
Yep Mothers or Meguires. I use Mothers on mine and they come up good, as well as stopping the cracking etc in the future. Not hard to do and follow the simple instructions. Will only cost you the price of the bottle. You can get a pre cleaner as well etc. But still no matter how you did it yourself will be way less than $57 a seat. Its not hard work either.

phillip.weston, Jun 16, 4:59am
leatherique. nothing else.

clark20, Jun 16, 7:05am
I believe the stuff that horsey people use on saddles is good, but I do not know what it is, I use Mothers.

gunhand, Jun 16, 7:12am
I used to use that stuff on my leather bike jacket, not what id use on my car seats. Used to have to warm it to use it.Was it neatsfoot oil or somethin like that.

shuddupowh, Jun 16, 8:02am
So Mothers it is. Will get me some next time I'm at the shops. Due for a visit to SCA anyway. And yes, $57, per seating "position" blew my off my seat.they say they can restore leather when its cracked and faded but our seats are almost still as new so dont see how it is still the same price when all I want is the seats to be conditioned to help keep them that way. So yep def cheaper to DIY with some spray on stuff. Cheers.

mark.52, Jun 16, 9:12am
Mothers is a cream that you rub in.
Smells good, too.

gunhand, Jun 16, 9:15am
Id go with rub in and buff type, better penatration I reckon, and we are all after that.for our leather.

frank1, Jun 17, 5:50am
I use a product called GOODLOOK,made in nz,-contains beeswax,oils.
Is a wipe on gel,and have used in for about 5 yrs on leather lounge suite,-no complaints.Was well priced too,from memory.
Suitable for vinyl as well.
Email nzhomeshop@xtra.co.nz

shuddupowh, Jun 17, 9:14pm
Ok so its a rub type. Whichever. I wouldve found that out when I buy some anyway. Cheers.