Listed a car on TM tonight

thelms, Aug 8, 9:35am
A listed it for $750 buy now got a call within 1/2 an hour, guy asks me about it then said would I take around $600 I said "yeah maybe I just want to see how action goes", while I am talking to him he says ok then, then he says"I have just pushed buy now", so will get my mechanic to come over and check it out tommorrow. huh! . do you think this guy is still wanting to haggle or get it for $600!

ginga4lyfe, Aug 8, 9:38am
he owns it now, regaurdless of if he wants if after the mechanic has looked it it, chase him for the full 750, otherwise chase him for the re listing fee and then black list him

thelms, Aug 8, 9:42am
Listing 397804818

bigracket, Aug 8, 9:48am
What the hell! Id tell him where to go ! Smart current he is !

unclejake, Aug 8, 9:48am
Get the $750 before you supply the address. He owns it, regardless of a mechanic's opinion.

franc123, Aug 8, 9:49am
If you buynow you own it for the buynow price, theres no backing out or beating you down on price if this inspection proves to be unsatisfactory.Even at that price its still a very cheap car, i woudn't be taking any crap or criticism about it.On the face of it in warrantable condition thats at least $1700-2K in the current market.

trader_84, Aug 8, 9:51am
Out of interest . was he a kiwi!

crzyhrse, Aug 8, 9:54am
Is that you Paul Henry!

crzyhrse, Aug 8, 9:55am
He owns it and pays $750 before he sees it.

cowboy110, Aug 8, 9:55am
Yep $750 into your bank account (or cash) and he can have the car.Haggling after he hit Buy Now! .Fek Off!

crzyhrse, Aug 8, 10:13am
I get the feeling the OP is a bit of a push over. so my money is on a cave-in.

rallec, Aug 8, 10:27am
Haha good luck.Quick check of his feedback - he's won 3 auctions on cars (the most recent of which was with a buy now) which are showing as trades not completed.Do everything you can to make him pay, if he doesn't inform trademe (feel free to make a fuss/mention it seems to have happened before) and blacklist him.

unclejake, Aug 8, 10:37am
^ You are right. The buyer's feedback is crap when you read carefully. Perhaps a dealer!

thelms, Sep 23, 4:00pm
Good spotting, yeah he does seem like a dealer so will not be taking any less than $750, he can take a hike otherwise.