Honda Jazz vs Daihatsu Sirion

rallec, Aug 8, 10:30am
What do people think about the above (The 02-07 Jazz and 05-10 Sirion.)!I know the Jazz reasonably well, so an emphasis on the Sirion would be good.Thanks!

rallec, Aug 8, 8:23pm
So last night was quiet.Any thoughts today!

kazbanz, Aug 8, 8:31pm
Rallec--they are totally different vehicles . The Jazz/fit is a fairly sporty looking vehicle whereas the sirion compares to the Nissan march,toyoyra vitz. etc Quite "boxy"looking. The seat height is great and they are proving to be very reliable.Boot space isn't as good as the Jazz .If comparing them The jazz is longer the jazz is more "sporty" but the sirrion is more user freindlyThey are also sold as a Toyota Passo because of the ties between toyota and daihatsu.
personally I'd prefer the syrion right nowfor the simple reason I don't have to bend down to get in.

r15, Aug 8, 10:37pm
ive had a 1.0 and 1.3 sirion as work vehicles, definately get the 1.3 or 1,5, the 1.0 is pretty gutless.

cant comment on the jazz sorry

rallec, Aug 9, 12:41am
Both are the 1.3. Would love the 1.5 Jazz sport but out of my range really

vtecintegra, Aug 9, 12:46am
Are you looking at autos! I'd tread carefully with Honda CVTs.

rallec, Aug 9, 3:59am
I stay as far away from autos as I can, so they're both manual.And Kazbanz, how similar is the sirion to the Vitz! I drive one of those now (01) as much as I do a Jazz (03) and like them both, although the Vitz (1.3) does seem to have a bit more go than the Jazz (also 1.3)

sian555, Aug 9, 4:10am
The interior is quite crappy / cheap in the dihatsu IMO. doesnt really stand up to alot of useage etc

kazbanz, Aug 9, 7:01am
a Sirion is a totally different vehicle rallec. Its more boxy.
I probably shouldn't say this but I'd stick with the 1300 vitz. IMO a more solid feeling car even if its age wise a bit older.

frytime, Aug 9, 7:06am
parts for daihatsus are quite pricey i have found

rallec, Sep 26, 8:14pm
Sadly sticking with the vitz isn't an option - just borrowed from a family member while they're overseas, but need to give it back later this month.The Jazz I was most keen on sold, so I guess the Daihatsu is leading the running :P
Bearing this in mind, what do I look out for, common issues, unusually high costs etc.