Primera

jaybee38, Aug 1, 4:10am
Have an AWD '98 primera wagon - clutch will need replacing. I am about to sell it, but am I better to get clutch done first or sell it as is! Its high kms - anyone got an idea of price with/without new clutch!

buyme3, Aug 1, 4:28am
Dollar reserve. You might get 50 for it. Fix it your probably gonna get more interest. But risk loosin more on car. But soon as car says needs such an such repaired. Ppl shy away even if bargain as scared what else might be wrong. Or you'll just get seriously lowballed.

morrisman1, Aug 1, 5:43am
what do you call high kms! Ive heard some people speak like 100,000 is high!

jaybee38, Aug 1, 11:39am
its done 220,000 km

mrfxit, Aug 1, 9:03pm
Not worth much with a crook clutch to anybody that knows whats involved but can't do the job them selves,
It's a time consuming job that NEEDS a good vehicle hoist & a gearbox lift stand.
That said, it's well worth doing it for the person that has the tools & time.
I woud suspectit's looking at between $500 to $1000 for the whole job (maybe a little more)

hopie, Aug 1, 10:05pm
Pretty simple to do, and you dont need a hoist to do it, but it will take the good part of a day to do. If you cant do it then like said above labour will hurt. You say will need replacing, is it slipping now!

mrfxit, Aug 1, 11:53pm
Are you positive you're not thinking of the 2wd version.
The Attessa awd versions have monster gearbox's in comparison to the std fwd

hopie, Aug 2, 12:02am
Yes as ive done both. The T4 model (AWD) did have a GTiR motor bolted to it, but same old same old. on a dif note ever tried doing a starter motor in one of those, now that is a nightmare.

mrfxit, Aug 2, 4:07am
YEa got a 96 Attessa here thats been waiting for . ummm yea . wifes nagging me to finish it.
not so bad once you work out a few things but still a pig.
it's the "working out how" thats been my downfall with a lot removed that didn't need to be.
Brand new starter siting in the boot.
Bergered if I was putting a s/h unit in THAT
Hey don't spose you want to do the timing cover seals for me ! ;-)