New car choices

bex25388, Aug 1, 9:23am
I currently own a 1994 740i BMW (its an awesome car just getting old now) and am about to upgrade so am wanting a few opinions. Im looking at getting a 2001 Subaru B4 twin turbo model or a 2002 WRX wagon. Ive done a little research and am looking at a manual in either with round 100,000km. Im reasonably switched on with cars so servicing and repairs dont faze me much neither does fuel consumption.
So my question is are they all there cracked up to me! or are they they money pit others claim!

Or if anyone has a better idea im all ears i like fun cars RWD or AWD. Money is up to 20k but dont really wanna go over 10k. Must be ok towing a trailer load of firewood etc. Looked at an Audi Allroad 2.7 twin turbo and the reviews were horrific never seen anything like it before same goes for a BMW X5.

Apologies in advance if this is hard to read or poor spelling etc i wrote it fast

thejazzpianoma, Aug 1, 11:21pm
Rather than the allroad, try the regular Audi A6 with Quattro 4WD. Those are good solid reliable cars and enormous amount of motoring for very little money.

By going with the A6 you do away with the problematic air suspension and an older twin turbo engine. The. 2.8 and 3.0 V6's have plenty of go, you could even get the bigger V8 if you wanted.

Just set aside a couple of thousand to do a good "big service" and then you should be set for 5 years of motoring with just fluid and filter changes.

Good idea sticking under the 10K, you will save a fortune in depreciation.

eagles9999, Aug 2, 2:10am
Probably have to go a bit earlier than 2002 for an A6