Central locking on a 05 mondeo

kwaka5, Jul 29, 5:45am
Hi there, anyone had trouble with the central locking on an 05 mondeo. Push the lock button and it locks then unlocks, Cannot lock the doors with the key from the drivers side. Anyone had this issue or may know where to start looking. Cheers All

clark20, Jul 29, 6:02am
Start looking to see if anyone has tampered with it, could someone have tried breaking in!

bigfatmat1, Jul 29, 7:06am
central lock motors fail common as usually wreckers will have them on a exchange bassis

unbeatabull, Jul 29, 7:11am
If it locks then unlocks it won't be the actuators. I'd put my money on it being one of the door switches that says if a door is open/closed being broken and saying a door is always open.

bigfatmat1, Jul 29, 7:23am
The switch that tells it to lock or unlock off the key inside the actuator is the usual cause of lock then unlocking on mondeos. The door switch would have to fail in the n/cposition this would leave interior lights on because it would have to think door is open. Also i doubt that would be the scenario as well as not many new cars actually even lock when a door is open the normally warn you!

unbeatabull, Jul 29, 7:25am
Yes, but that switch inside the actuator IS replaceable. Most will recommend just replacing a whole actuator assembly, but you can pull them apart and just replace the part. A bit cheaper then a replacement.

bigfatmat1, Jul 29, 7:34am
Bangs head against wall.

kwaka5, Jul 29, 8:01am
The interior light is not staying on. Well not that i know of anyway. There does not appear to be a door open warning light on the dash showing either. I thought that if the door closed switch was failing then the warning light would stay on. The switch on the keylock maybe worth a look thanks bigfatmat1. Good place to start. Any other options welcome. Cheers All

kwaka5, Jul 29, 8:02am
Sorry too, should have stated that when you push the lock button on the remote, it locks then unlocks straight away and cannot be locked with the key. Cheers all

bigfatmat1, Jul 29, 8:07am
the switch is inside actuator you can easily identify the wires for it to test it.

unbeatabull, Jul 29, 7:21pm
And the actuator can be pulled apart and it can be replaced. I don't know what you're banging your head against the wall for, quite common, we do a lot of them at work.

bigfatmat1, Jul 30, 12:44am
Because you can not make up mind first you say its not the actuator, you say its the door switch. Then you say it is the actuator. Which is what i said in the first place Make your mind up I am sure you just like to disagree!

irule, Jul 30, 2:36am
Did you know that if you hold the door lock/unlock buttons the windows will open/close, usually takes a few seconds.

sifty, Jul 30, 3:15am
Yep, great function on a hot day.

barnyg, Jul 30, 5:48am
Have a look at the inner door handles when you go to lock it. If the lock motor is working ok the inner handle should move in. If 1 doesnt thatcould be your problem as the sytem need s to "see" all the doors going to lock to complete the action

unbeatabull, Jul 30, 6:02am
I didn't say it was the actuator at any part!

The switch/sensor inside the actuator that tells it to lock/unlock. The actual actuator (consists of motor and linkages) is still working fine and is not the problem!

unbeatabull, Jul 30, 6:05am
Oh and I realised I was wrong about the switch in the pillar . obviously the interior lights/door light on the dash would be on and the OP said they weren't.