HELP **CAR INTERIOR FLOODED

teegees, Jul 23, 6:52pm
Car was parked on an angle in heavy rain, ankle deep in water. Only 3rd party insurance, any ideas how to dry it out! Thanks

andrea_w, Jul 23, 7:12pm
Strip the interior. No other way you'll get it all out unfortunately
I hope the water hasn't affected any electronics (ECU etc)

wimwom, Jul 23, 8:08pm
Hire a couple of good dehumidifiers!

chebry, Jul 23, 8:20pm
Sponge it out as best you can then run the car windows up with aircon on that will dry it eventually as a/c is a dehumidifyer

the-lada-dude, Jul 23, 8:23pm
carefully lift the carpets up theres a good chance there are some rubber bungs on the floor pan, prize them out and drain water, all the insulation and carpets are hopefully synthetic so they dry out pretty quickly

jason18, Jul 23, 9:57pm
I run a dehumidifier through my car all the time. Picked one up for 10 bucks off trademe. Always gets a full tank after a good month or so

hopie, Jul 23, 10:12pm
what type of car is it! Yup seats and carpet has to come out. I just did this to the mrs soarer on the weekend (which was a pain in the arse) As lada dude says there shoul be bungs under the carpet so rip that all out hang it up to dry for a few days - the soarer had a plastic backing and very thick foam layering under it, so the foam was saturated but the plastic backing would not let the water penetrate thru it to dry it out. Its was coming thru the door skin