Stolen recovered - vin, plates etc

tortron, Aug 31, 1:48am
so i jsut dragged whats left of my motorcycle off the back of the truck

Looks like the only stuff missing is the alarm :/numberplate light, and the numberplate, vinplate and most of the chassis code.Whats the go should someone want to have it on the road again.Dont think i want to deal with it.But it would be good info to chuck up on the auction

smac, Aug 31, 1:58am
IF you can provide enough evidence that it is the same bike (photos, witnessed statements, Police statement etc) then it could be as simple as a plate change and new VIN plate (read: new VIN plate, not re-vinning). Talk to NZTA. Don't settle for 1st level help desk, push to talk to somebody in compliance.

tortron, Aug 31, 2:13am
well it was identifed by police as my bike, so i assume that will make things easier

kazbanz, Aug 31, 3:00am
Tortron-I apreciate where you are coming from but I'd strongly suggest you RIGHT NOW. deal with this. Unless it was insured and you've had a payout YOU can get your bike back to legal again.
First
Go into the local testing station with your registration number and your identification. You need form Mr6a and the police report.You will then for under $10 be issued with a new number plate and rego sticker.
Now the chasis number despite the animals efforts can often be recovered -the stamping often goes deeper than they think it does.
The VIN number is a simple matter after you have a replacement plate.
With your paperwork from the Police,your ID and your rego details go to a COMPLIANCE testing centre and they will be able to sort out a new VIN number.
-If you pass the buck to a potential buyer it could get very difficult for them to get this done--whereas you the innocent victim of a crime have a much better chance of sorting it easilly

purple666, Aug 31, 3:08am
As above except for as far as the frame number goes, just restamp it yourself with the original numbers.

attitudedesignz, Aug 31, 3:14am
Good advice kaz.

So much easier for you to do it now, rather than a potential buyer.

johnf_456, Aug 31, 3:15am
Second what kazbanz has said

johnf_456, Aug 31, 3:32am
I didnt read yours

johnf_456, Aug 31, 3:32am
Also johnf_456

shuddupowh, Aug 31, 3:49am
OMG here we go again. Already off topic.

attitudedesignz, Aug 31, 3:52am
The master of stating the obivous.

gusthe1, Aug 31, 3:55am
back on topic! How would the motorbike thief had done it!

attitudedesignz, Aug 31, 3:57am
I'm thinking the thief had a damaged / buggered one they wanted to "re-birth".

shuddupowh, Oct 10, 9:04am
Whats the point of that! Then their bike would be in the system as "stolen" so may aswell just ride the stolen one. I think you'd find they stripped it all off to rebirth IT but failed.