Stolen cars and getting them back

petetang, Aug 22, 10:32pm
Had our car stolen hope to get it back next week after repairs , not sure if we want to keep it now , but there a warning on car jam nowso could devalue it and want to change the plates as it was found close to home ,interested to see how anyone else felt about getting there car back after being stolen

phillip.weston, Aug 22, 10:44pm
talk to the police and/or the LTSA about getting the stolen vehicle flag removed.

sakofan, Aug 22, 11:02pm
I had a RRREEEEAAAALLLLLLLL nice MR2. Previous owner had really done it up. Owned it for 8 days before it got stolen out of a public carpark.
Reported it to the cops and insurance after work when I discovered it missing.
A few days later a letter arrives from a debt collection agency - My car was photoed filling up with gas at a Caltex and drove off without paying. I had to phone the agency to tell them the story.
Two days after that, a letter arrived from the Cops. My car was seen streetracing and on this occaision I'd receive just a warning

If they ran my plate they should have done something!

Two weeks after that, the insurance company paid out.
Two days after the cheque arrived, I got a call from a Tow yard that had my car. Lady on the phone was very understanding and I wasn't the first person to have had this happen (of course).
Car was found one week after it went missing. It had been taken to the yard - the insurance assessor had deemed it repairable, but the Insurance company said nothing so they would not have to debate repairs with me.

friendly_prawn, Aug 22, 11:42pm
you should have tried to buy it back at a bargain price.
:-)

petetang, Aug 22, 11:46pm
oh yes have had oneparking ticket already in the post pissed off its up to us to clear our name , Im sure there's more to come

smac, Aug 23, 12:23am
What warning on carjam!

petetang, Aug 23, 12:42am
its not the stolen warning its just a warning dont no what it is and im not paying to find out

petetang, Aug 23, 12:43am
we had just filled the tankthe day befor

smac, Aug 23, 12:44am
What does it say!

elect70, Aug 23, 2:26am
Recovered carsnever the same always seem to getproblems notevidentat the time ofreturn .,leavenotice on dash ", if stealitburn it "

guest, Sep 25, 8:33pm
Scott_NJ / Thanks for the blog David! Glad you are home and getting to spend time with your faimly ! Cool you got to go hiking , I need to do more of that too. Need to get out in nature! I was fortunate to be at the MOTAB show last year and can not wait for the TV Special and DVD! ( I've pre -ordered several as gifts! ) It was one performance I will never forget! Can't wait for you Christmas tour! Marius is an incredible young man. What an inspiration. He reminds us that lots of our troubles really aren't that bad. What alight he has! Thanks again for all you do!BTW I love the TOSOD ATE! ( yep got it from a fan in Asia! )

guest, Sep 26, 5:35pm
/ hey David! I just wanted to share with you a liltte story I promise it has to do with your video blog lolSo the other day my mom got her toe stubbed by the hotel door. Skin came off from the bottom of her toe nail where your toe connects to your nail (if that makes sense haha) and she's really sensitive and she was freaking out. I told her it wasn't the end of the world, then you made this vlog about marius. i shared with her the story and how he had his toes as fingers now and how despite everything that has happened, he still has the best attitude. My mom really took a step back and reflected on herself and realized no matter what happens, everything is going to be okay in the end. I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story about meeting marius. he's such an inspiring liltte boy

guest, Sep 28, 3:05pm
bepiarchie28 / David, I am sooo glad that you spoke about Marius. I have been having a sorta rough colpue months now but it's totally nothing compared to what this amazing kid has had to go through. I can't imagine losing my fingers, especially because of how often I play the piano. It caused me to think, and I plan to appreciate what I do have more, and not dwell on what I don't have so much. One thing's for sure: God has something in mind for Marius, and I have a hunch that it's something great. :)