Whats the story with dodgy auto traders?

nzsteady, Aug 16, 5:27am
Just been dealing with a bloke in Wanganui try to pass a suzuki swift off as mint nick when according to MTF it has been classed as a write off due to a serious smash recently. He swore black n blue 'mint condition' inside and out etc only too find its a dud. Hopefully prior to purchase. According to MTF he has been busted doing this before and investigated. And he has his business name up and all.ballsy or what! According to his message back (verbatim) "I don't care!" Top bloke. They should be booted off! Thoughts!

kazbanz, Aug 16, 6:31am
It is a LEGAL requirement to state on the CIN card if the car has been deregistered in NZ (or not).
It is that simple.
Failing to do so is breaking the law.
I do question on thing though.What has Motor Trade FINANCE (ie a finance company) got to do with this conversation! How do they have the slightest idea why the car was written off! It might have been a stolen/recovered wright off or an uneconomic to repair wrightoff.--Not siding with the guy just asking out of interest.
(NO I do not knowingly ever sell ex wrightoffs)

pugmyre, Aug 16, 6:32am
Is this guy a privateer, or dealer or a Bin Basher.Yeah man, lucky you did your homework.Good on you.There's too many of them out there.Rub em out.

grangies, Aug 16, 6:34am
Many cars, if repaired properly end up better than factory condition.

Especially cars as simple as a Suzuki Swift.

nzsteady, Aug 17, 7:48am
Yeah he selling it privately.has relisted it now and adjusted his ad accordingly. Spraypainter/panelman by trade. Yeah the MTF bloke thought it to good too be true the price for the model and delved a little deeper. Had all the details, was in a serious crash with a Dihatsu and classed as a wite off. Deregistered since January and only recently registered again.

neo_psy, Aug 17, 8:09am
Didn't a whole lot of Swifts get written off because of minor damage to the front! Small dings killed the bumpers and they couldn't get replacements or something!

curlcrown, Aug 17, 10:04pm
A car can be in mint condition even if it has been in a major crash if the repair is done to a high standard.

kazbanz, Aug 17, 11:56pm
yep thats what I was thinking.

nzsteady, Aug 20, 5:53am
Yeah mint or not that should be advertised on the page.dishonesty! Bending the truth! Whatever ya wanna call it. I would have been an angry man to have organised flights etc to Wanganui.to arrive and find it aint 100%

robotnik, Aug 20, 6:11am
You're a dealer too aren't you, poster #1!

nzsteady, Aug 21, 4:59pm
Say what!