Finally found a 'coon V8 wagon

Page 1 / 2
whqqsh, Aug 13, 6:50am
a few years earlier than I really wanted but as they say 'the price was right' . AND an added advantage is when someone says "is that your Falcon" I can say "its a Fairmont!" (cracks me up when ppl do that, a few bits of trim extra wooo lol)

friendly_prawn, Aug 13, 6:51am
Mines a Fairmont

whqqsh, Aug 13, 6:51am
so is that your Falcon

splinter67, Aug 13, 6:51am
What is it model

whqqsh, Aug 13, 7:02am
had to go back to an EL, but got sick of watching & waiting

splinter67, Aug 13, 7:06am
Dont matter what it is as long as its got an 8

whqqsh, Aug 13, 7:19am
got a mate that can pull a few tricks on them for a bit more go but will keep an eye out while putting a dollar aside for later :)

splinter67, Aug 13, 7:23am
There is only one thing better than a v8 thats a worked v8

friendly_prawn, Aug 13, 7:26am
I had an EL XR8 ute. Nice machine.Needed a few engine mods to get a bit more boogey out of it,but other than that, would have been nice to have been able to put it away in the shed rather than having sold it.

extrayda, Aug 13, 7:29am
haha BACK to an EL.Thats a new car to me.XD is almost getting old to me now.Always liked the idea of a V8 XD Manual wagon.I had an XA Fairmont and XA Falcon, the Fairmont had nicer trim inside (full door trims, nicer seat trim, interior lights at the rear and and and. a Fairmont Badge) -OK that probably was about it - just remembered it also had chrome trim around the wheels and a thicker trim strip down the side under the doors.Quite a bit of extra trim.Admittedly the rest of the car was exactly the same, and the rear interior lights didn't work most of the time either !

extrayda, Aug 13, 7:30am
and you can't call it a 'coon wagon then, you'll have to call it a 'mont' !

whqqsh, Aug 13, 8:17am
cant bring myself to that one, bad enough when I bought my Goliath the previous owner called it 'The Golly'

whqqsh, Aug 16, 6:28am
Picked her up today, not bad considering it was an 'over the net' deal & not test driven etc. Aftermarket exhaust gives a nice burble but not boy-racer/bogan loud, everything seems to work fine & in good nick for a 15 year old car. Even has cruise control which most sourses say only came out on the Ghia.
All up Im happy as a dog wagging 2 tails

typhoon666, Aug 16, 6:54am
Id get the trans serviced if I was you,there not the best.

splinter67, Aug 16, 6:58am
Good on you hope you enjoy having a v8 to drive now all you need is a fuel card you dont have to pay for

whqqsh, Aug 16, 7:16am
trans feels nice & tight, kickdown is positive, whole car seems to be well serviced previously

whqqsh, Aug 16, 7:19am
Ive got the 1100 Goliath coming home soon for cheap work&back a few days a week will be a bonus, & it doesnt look like it'll use much more than the 4 litre 6 in my AU. & TBH Im happy to pay a bit more just for the sound & feel :)

friendly_prawn, Aug 16, 7:30am
you saw my listing before you said that didnt you!

carclan, Aug 16, 7:49am
Mines a Fairmont too

typhoon666, Aug 16, 8:22am
No I had a el 4ltr auto and it was dodgy to.My mates v8 el s/w trans packed a sad aswell.

friendly_prawn, Aug 16, 8:24am
just kidding, just kidding!

aleestar, Aug 16, 8:27am
i got a fairmont to v8 nice 1 but not 4 long az new baby on da way

friendly_prawn, Aug 16, 9:02am
Im with you on that one man

fordstar1, Aug 16, 10:55am
Mines a fairmont too x2.

chris_051, Aug 16, 1:45pm
Nothing wrong with them, 410,000km on my original BTR box behind the 5.4 V8 in my coon. My first ever Falcon was an ex taxi AU with just over 470k when I sold it on the original box no rebuild, I was the second owner. If they do shit themselves it is usualy because the cooler gives way and leaks coolant into the gearbox.