Opel Ampera Holden chevrolet Volt

Page 3 / 3
floscey, Nov 1, 2:54am
i can see power prices going up even further.

bellky, Nov 1, 3:06am
If this is correct; very cheap.

bellky, Nov 1, 3:07am
If this is correct; very economical.

petermcg, Nov 1, 8:00am
If this is correct it could turn out to be the most uneconomical car on the road.

3tomany, Nov 1, 8:28am
wow you are bright, Why so dear in nz !in america they are only 30k or 300 odd bucks to leese but us kiwis get screwed every time, because spending 80k on an eco car will make you feel great

drsr, Nov 1, 10:15am
The $US30k is after the biggish US government susbsidy and before sales tax. Holden NZ are still having a laugh though. If it was more like $NZ55k I would be considering doing three things I would otherwise never do:

1. buy a new car
2. buy an American car
3. buy a Holden

Still, there will be plenty more fish in the sea. The Ford C-Max Energi looks good if it ever comes here, and is $US7k less. The all-electric range is only 32k instead of 56k but that would be plenty for me, and it has much higher mpg in hybrid mode.
http://insideevs.com/why-im-trading-in-my-chevy-volt-for-a-ford-c-max-energi/

gadgit3, Nov 1, 6:05pm
So buy a Prius C then as there only $35k for the top spec and will do everything the volt dose.

drsr, Nov 1, 7:19pm
It doesn't have an electric vehicle mode. The plug-in Prius claims a 23km range in EV mode but is $US32k base price, making it seem less value for money than the alternatives. Also it still fires up the engine when you accelerate suddenly, so what's the point really! And Toyota NZ isn't planning to introduce it till 2015.

intrade, Nov 1, 7:20pm
is the prius C a 100% electrical powerdcar with plugin option! if not then its not the same.

intrade, Nov 1, 7:26pm
the volt is a top concept it only uses the petrol powerd plant to produce electricity to help the electric motor gain extra boost when the battery is low and takes over making electric power when the battery bank is depleted to i think 10 or 20 % so if you run out of petrol you got a save mode you can use and drain the battery some more to get it to the next gas station on the 20% battery capacity it wont let you use as thats how the battery last 10 years and still have 80% capacity in 10 years so general motor claimsand if not you getnew batterys . i guess you wont get new ones if you deplet your bank 100 times with running out of fuel as that be all recorded in diagnostics.

intrade, Nov 29, 8:47am
anyonedriven one yet!

intrade, Dec 22, 8:09pm
uk price for the ampera
NZD 59,703.42 = GBP 29,995.00

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vehicles/vauxhall-range/cars/ampera/index.html