CAR BUYING SCAMMERS

alice_in_hell, Sep 19, 10:32pm
Have our car listed, and just got a txt from a walkingdall@gmail.comBlissfully unaware, I replied but then suspiciously googled the mail address.

Long story short, its a scam, heres the link and a headsup for other sellers to beware

http://www.google.co.nz/search!q=walkingdall@gmail.com&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-nz:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7PRFA_en&redir_esc=&ei=EXB2ToS9Bo2jiAfG-ODJDQ

tigra, Sep 19, 10:51pm
You found your way to the Message Board. If you had bothered to read the first topic (in black) you would have known all this.

tigra, Sep 19, 10:52pm
Oops I meant the "Sticky topic" in TM Discussion.

phillip.weston, Sep 19, 10:57pm
yep I got the same when I last had a car listed. Just never reply to txts from a foreign number or e-mail things through they ask for like interior shots when there are already clear interior shots on the auction already.

tania1980, Sep 20, 12:45am
trademe emailedme this morning warning me of this scam as have my kar listed apparently the scammer was saved as a watcher

alice_in_hell, Sep 20, 6:31am
So how was I to know there was a like minded thread in another topic.I have a life outside of TM, therefore I dont do message boards as often as some people, much less waste my time searching for what might have been posted elsewhere.

countrypete, Sep 20, 6:40am
Alice, thank you for taking the time to warn others.You did the right thing, and pay no attention to any sarcastic tossers.

alice_in_hell, Sep 20, 6:43am
thank you pete.To be fair, I also got the warning email from trademe, but was on the first day of my post, a few days ago, just forgot about it.

cocabowla, Nov 10, 2:48am
very presumptuous to think every trader on here KNOWS about the message board for one thing and then if they do to know exactly where to go arent you !

well done for checking alice