Anyone know how to replace a clutch in a 91 ford

snapperitup, Sep 3, 11:20pm
laser or know of a cheap mechanic. thanks

snapperitup, Sep 3, 11:48pm
Would you be able to guide me through it as ive never done it before. Thanks

a18a, Sep 4, 12:01am
pull the gearbox off, pull the pressure plate, clutch plate & flywheel off, resurface flywheel (not required, but recommended.) install new clutch & pressure plate & throw out bearing (if it came with one) reinstall gearbox, and away you go

floscey, Sep 4, 12:01am
undo bolts ,remove box , change clutch , install box , do up bolts.

scoobeey, Sep 4, 12:09am
do you know where the gbox is :) youve now found the starter motor:)))))

jonthefisho, Sep 4, 12:14am
First of all open the bonnet.

snapperitup, Sep 4, 12:14am
Haha yeah i did thanks, yes i know where the gearbox is lol

snapperitup, Sep 4, 12:14am
and !

therafter1, Sep 4, 12:41am
You forgot to detach and re-attach the axles from the box, that makes them easier to remove, and they drive a bit better once re-fitted as well lol

therafter1, Sep 4, 12:43am
And . if you need basic instructions, then a mechanic is the alternative.

There are no such thing as cheap mechanics, just back yarders, and you get what you pay for !

bjmh, Sep 4, 3:22am
last weak i cant even spell mekhanix .now i is one !

matthew111, Sep 4, 4:26am
the usual way.

scoobeey, Sep 4, 5:13am
sounds like you need a good man around :)))

the-lada-dude, Sep 4, 5:32am
go get a haynes or similar car repair manual from the library , if your still keengo see a guy in aeroview drive beachhavenname is brett. works on cars from home. pretty good dude. its the house on the left hand side going down and just b4 you get to that new part of aeroview drive, almost right opposite sunnyhaven rdhe might still live there !

snapperitup, Sep 4, 6:34am
Oh thanks the-lada-dude a couple of friends have had dealings with him and hes local to me, i appreciate your referral thanks

mantagsi, Sep 4, 7:29am
You can get away without doing it, just makes it a bit bloody hard :) did a 1991 laser xl on the driveway, managed to get 'er done by unbolting the bare minimum. Thankfully they are a piece of cake to work on. Oh and OP! use safe axle stands and be careful, and prepare to get greasy. Oh and for goodness sake DONT put the clutch disc in backwards, that can be rather amusing but not for you