Car covers?

yddac, Sep 11, 4:55am
What can you recommend! My daughter got a premium cover for my new car from Supercheap Auto's and I'm concerned that it may be scratching the car. It is like a car shaped tarpaulin.

yddac, Sep 11, 5:38am
Can anybody recommend what sort to buy please!

nzfatie, Sep 11, 5:44am
I got a premium cover from Supercheap. UV destroyed it within 6 months. The small print said don't leave it on more than 7 days.no good for long term protection.LOL

monaro17, Sep 11, 5:46am
I bought mine from supercheap, it is a 100% water proof one and works a treat, and no it doesn't scratch the car at all.

thewomble1, Sep 11, 6:17am
If it scratching the car you will see the scratches.

tuttyclan, Sep 11, 7:39am
I wouldn't use one on a everyday car unless you are going to wash and dry the car everyday before putting the cover back on its going to scratch the paint from the dirt already on the paint from being outside at work etc.Best to garage/carport the car or if its going to be outside then polishing the car gives it good protection and I would do it every month every month.

franc123, Sep 11, 7:47am
The big factor here is where the car is going to be stored, if its outdoors forget the cheap covers from SCA, Repco etc, they are basically crap and only suitable for dust covers when its garaged, at best. A decent one suitable for outside is going to set you back a couple of hundred at least.In many ways the best thing to do is go to an upholsterer and see what they can custom make for you, at least you will get quality material that won't abrade the paint and something that fits perfectly that won't flap about all over the place in the wind and rip open.

quickstitch, Sep 11, 7:47am
waterproof covers sweat and cause rust. breathable covers don't keep water out.what you want is a waterprook cover with waterproof vents, and preferably one that doesnt rest on the body of the car, ie, it has a frame to keep it off the car which will help with air circulation

yddac, Sep 12, 1:27am
Thanks for the posts.