Central Locking - What did I miss?

cory_pearson, Sep 16, 1:00am
I replaced the interior handle for the drivers door in my 96 Accent yestaerday.Now when I try turn the key to unlock the door, the little rod comes up, but doesn't actually unlock the door.

Did I miss something really simpole, or are the central locking kits in those Hyundais a bit iffy!

mugenb20b, Sep 16, 1:04am
Did you hook up all the linkages back together!

cory_pearson, Sep 16, 5:17am
I have.It seems to be touch and go.Works fine the first couple of unlocks then just stops working properly.It has happened before, but on isolated occasions before I replaced the door handle.

Will keep working on it in the meantime - something mustn't be lining up properly.

hondalova, Sep 16, 10:30am
had same issue with a customers hyundai wen i replaced the handle. i just put a slight more of a bend in the locking rod.

cory_pearson, Sep 17, 2:42am
I'll give that a go tonight.Cheers

ceebee2, Sep 17, 4:43am
Suggests something is jamming it since you replaced the door.

cory_pearson, Sep 22, 8:21pm
Took the car in for a warrant and to get the door looked at.Looks like the solenoid in that door lock is stuffed.The mechanic did something so that I can unlock with my key and need to hold the rod upwhen unlocking from the inside.I am going to get it replaced - probably at the same time get some kind of car alarm installed.

Thanks again for the advice and suggestions guys.I appreciate it.

intrade, Sep 22, 8:26pm
inspect all ok then do what he said its what i would do but not to mutch otherwise it might jamm somewhere and try with the cover off the door first.