BEWARE OF CT AUTO PARTS IN PENROSE !

Page 1 / 3
westiewest101, Sep 21, 9:33am
These dodgy clowns should be avoided at all costs!
I brought a pair of angel eyes headlights off them and they guaranteed me that it's real easy and u only need "basic machanical knowledge" to install and to make sure everything is clear I went through the install process and he again guaranteed me that I'll only need my factory harness to install.

Ok so I buy them take them home install them and when it came to wiring it up HELLO! The lights don't hook up to my factory harness as he told me it would

After all this I had to take it to the sparkys in new Lynn to get a second opinion and they told me that only way to make the lights work is to custome make harnesses and also needed to make a few custom lugs as well

Needless to say I wasn't impressed that I has to spend $80 to get the lights done where I was assured and guaranteed that it will be a sime install and that all I needed to make them work was my factory harnesses

I then told them the issues I had and they were so rude couldn't even offer a little compensation towards the money I spent to get it working and even got smart to the point of taunting me

I'm sure u guys can guess what the nationalities of this dodgy shop is let's just say its the part of the world where they make cheap imitations of luxury brands etc

so off to the disputes tribunal I go to take the company through small claims court im only doing this really to drag the dodgy company through court to get it a bad name so if anyone else goes through the same thing I'm sure the judge will no be impressed

So if u have had any problems like me with these guys or any parts shop please leave your comments below cheers

thejazzpianoma, Sep 21, 9:36am
Why did you not just return them!

treachug, Sep 21, 9:43am
pretty broad generalisation there.that statement covers many countries including NZ if you listen to the aussies whinging aboutpavlova.

What sort of car!

aragorn2003, Sep 21, 9:46am
Why oh why did you spend money to fix the problem!

westiewest101, Sep 21, 9:48am
I couldnt get a refund because I had already sold my factory headlights to my mate and couldn't find any lights for the same or similar price or I would of got a refund for sure !

ace32, Sep 21, 9:49am
If you do not have the "basic machanical knowledge" to wire in a set of angle eye 2bx headlights please sell your car and take the bus.Im not surprised the guys at the shop were laughing at you and "got smart to the point of taunting " because you could not understand a "sparkys in new Lynn" ripped you a new one to the tune of $80 to fit 4 wires .cool story bro

amie10, Sep 21, 9:50am
I can see this one being thrown out of court real fast seeing you didn't give the seller a chance to rectify the problem. Good lesson learned though

treachug, Sep 21, 9:53am
Never heard of2bx Angle eye headlights nor 2bx Angel eye type either.

westiewest101, Sep 21, 10:04am
2bx! And u telling me I dont know what I'm talking about that's a nice story, for ur info I hooked everything up Barr the the wiring and there was no way the headlight wiring was goin to fit my factory harness, at this stage was when I told the guys I brought the light off but that's when I got attitude from them, was Gona get some of the boiz round to see if they would talk smack then but decided they not worth it, either way take my advice or leave it avoid dealing with them

westiewest101, Sep 21, 10:06am
p.s I'm not Gona be getting into discussions nor will I b replying to pointless comments I've told my story just wanted to warn everyone else out there do whatever u like with the heads up I've given u

bigracket, Sep 21, 10:09am
Careful they dont have a stronger case of slander, I get (op) that your upset, but naming them on here and speaking the way you have, well, be careful what you say.

treachug, Sep 21, 10:12am
still curious to know what model car.
we sell similar lights at work (overseas supplier) & dont have any issues thats why im interested (not bagging you at all - my 2bx comment was aimed at the poster that made that comment)

a.woodrow, Sep 21, 10:16am
Not hard to wire up headlights.

westiewest101, Sep 21, 10:20am
Nope it's not slander everything I've said is the truth I gave them ample opportunity to sort it out I was very reasonable, he even said that he would come to my house tomorrow miring to wire up the lights then after saying that he then txt me about 30min later saying he just spoke to his lawyer and said his lawyer told him not to come and wire up the lights because he rekons he had made an effort already to resolve the issue which was rubbish
As per last post do what u will with the warning I've given u guys

westiewest101, Sep 21, 10:21am
It's a Subaru impreza 2004 non turbo version 8

a.woodrow, Sep 21, 10:29am
So let's get a couple of things clear. You were offered a refund but refused as you had already sold your original headlights! And what exactly was the sparky going to do for $80! As I said above, it's not hard to wire up headlights (or time consuming)

incar., Sep 21, 11:27am
if you had basic mechanical knowledge you would have opened the box if any and checked the connecting plugs, the seller maybe correct according to their suppliers listings, welcome to the industry!

xpfairmont, Sep 21, 1:58pm
you now have no case (because you spilled all the beans on TMMB), and could be sued for defamation/ slander.
I hope you have deep pockets!

stepman69, Sep 21, 2:23pm
In the eyes of the law, it's not defamation if the statement made is true.

trader_84, Sep 21, 7:18pm
What is smack meaning!

treachug, Sep 21, 7:56pm
lol, its a west Auckland thing.I think its a current trend saying for an old (timers) saying (talking turkey)
but then again maybe they were going to have a bit of wrestling to sort it out.smackdown!

treachug, Sep 21, 8:04pm
So the first line in the original post is not defamation!
Or do they really employ clowns! You know, with the full outfit! Get them to dress up as clowns while working etc!Dont think so.

There are ways and means around sorting it out & the poster severed all comeback when they opted to involve (contract/employ by renumeration) a 3rd party to fix what could have been an easily solved issue by returning back to place of purchase & sorting out calmly.

splinter67, Sep 21, 8:07pm
this statement is why you are wasting your time next time you want some work done come see me I will charge you $80 for 5 mins work as well

74nova, Sep 21, 8:10pm
Any body with half a brain would have made sure everything was going to fit before selling the original lights. Sounds like youve got the attitude.

kazbanz, Sep 21, 8:43pm
OP Im sorry I just don't understand your problem.
You purchased a product that required basic mechanical skill to install.
Im guessing you actually took the time to read the instructions AND THE ENTIRE ADVERT. Because if you did you would be well aware that yes the basic installation is very easy but depending on the electrical setup of YOUR car some conversion work would be needed
-heres the exact words
* Striaght fit on non-HID Head Lights (helgone HeadLights) model,
* Notes: for OEM HID Head lights Model; Most of the STi model come with Factory OEM HID headLights, when install these aftermarket head lights, your OEM Ballast & D2S HID bulbs need to be Replaced with H1 HID conversion Kit, we can supply it for additional $$$, or you can re-wire into none HID setup, convert to Halogen head lights