Have you brought a car in from overseas?

timmytime2, Sep 20, 2:17am
How did you get on, any problems crop up on the way! Have been quoted 4300 which I think is pretty reasonable to bring my car from Florida.
Did you find it straight forward registering the car as left hand drive! It looks simple online. but would hate to get it here then have issues.

tgray, Sep 20, 2:26am
mmnn. so many questions for you.
I trust you have read the LTSA online factsheets re LHD cars.
I have brought in 5 USA cars in the last 12 months.
what car is it! Year and make/model please - it makes all the difference as many cannot be made legal in NZ.
from florida is about as far away from long beach california as you can get, so you are paying maximum overland costs and is much cheaper buying on the west coast.
I paid $1500US just to get my car to long beach for export.
look forward to your next post.re more info

lookoutas, Sep 20, 6:53am
Must be taking a while to roll the string up.

intrade, Sep 20, 7:29am
never did never will probably to dangerous , importing a wrack that cant be registered ever on the roads here. euro4 emission now for any car plus frontal impact standard since mutch longer , if it dont comply then you got scrap metal or parts imported. Seen a few for sale on here like 2003 diesel vans that where euro3 cant ever be regod only re-export or chopping for parts. do your homework. before you spend money .

intrade, Sep 20, 7:31am
there are exemptions for older or unique cars. loads of stuff to know first.

mantagsi, Sep 20, 10:34am
Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. A lot of folks who go down this route just don't appreciate the necessity of correct paperwork. Having it in order makes the process just so much easier