How much is this car worth?

sparrow33, Sep 18, 7:04am
An elderly friend wants us to help her sell her car.It is a 1993 Corona, NZ New with 9300 K on the clock. Yes that right.Her husband brought it, died shortly after and it has been sitting in the garage every since.No idea what price to put it on for.

jandr12, Sep 18, 7:08am
Does it still go after all that time! it'd be deregistered yeah!

sparrow33, Sep 18, 7:09am
deregistered.I guess it must go!havent investigated a lot yet.

thunderbolt, Sep 18, 7:09am
Not started for nearly 20 yrs!

msigg, Sep 18, 7:13am
Well to the right person I would say its worth$2200, yea you would have to reregiser it again, depending on the condition of the body to. wwould need to give it a good service and cam belt. They were a good car in their day, serviced regulary those motors will just keep on going.Good luck.

sparrow33, Sep 18, 7:13am
THANKS.!

a18a, Sep 18, 7:24am
if it's mint, then it will probably be worth re-registering it and doing a full service on it before selling

taipan4, Sep 18, 7:35am
At the very least before even attempting to start itI would take it to a mechanic who knows what he's doing and remove rocker coverand spark plugs & turn motor over by hand (socket on crankshaft nut) to check that valves are not stuck open (especially)change radiator coolant & all fluids
brake fluid, engine & gearbox oil, drain fuel tank, whole fuel system will need a degunge as petrol goes all gooey when sitting in small quantities
for any length of time, especially injectors. I have owned one of these motors, sold it to a neighbour still going with over 300k on it. Piston rings may also need some freeing up, But if you do it right you will have a good unit. NOTE fuel will possibly have gunged up in fuel lines so may need something todissolve & clear out gunge

motorboy2011, Sep 18, 7:38am
prob cost $1k to get all legal to be worth around $2k! may as well just try and sell for $1k.

intrade, Sep 18, 7:38am
was it ever registered! and was it stored dry otherwise it could be a wrack. if its been rained on for 20 years

fordkiwi27, Sep 18, 7:49am
just crank it over al. shel be right.

a.woodrow, Sep 18, 8:12am
I think it would be worth a lot more assuming the engine is still ok and body is mint. Saw a mint early 90's corona down here with about 30k on it, elderly owners, up for $7k at the local dealer and sold within a couple of weeks. The coronas are a reliable car, and buying privately I would suspect you might get three or four grand once its road registered

2cheap2, Sep 18, 8:20am
Wow very cool car.If it is in mint condition and can be put back on the road i would say it is worth $5000 .Cheers 2cheap2.

sw20, Sep 18, 8:24am
If it was nearly mint, running well and registered I'd give you $5k.

kcf, Sep 18, 8:39am
Depends 100% on condition.

It could be a "barn find" of a completely stuffed Corona due to no use.Or a barn find of a really good condition, but almost completely undesirable car.I'm a Toyota junkie, but even I couldn't get excited about a 1990ish Corona.

fryan1962, Sep 18, 8:41am
one guy from the boards might pay 17k he wants a car for the beach hop

hatchback, Sep 18, 10:20am
Tis after all just an old toymotor