Holden 304 v8 rear crank rope seal

402rat, Sep 26, 4:22am
any body no of a firm out west the could install or machine block to suit rubber type seal as i heard its no a straight forward job installing rope seal , i dont have the heads off either,cheers

twink19, Sep 26, 4:45am
try John Sampson in glen eden engine builder

402rat, Sep 26, 4:54am
is that glen dene engine re conditioners!

xpfairmont, Sep 26, 5:31am
I know a guy who can change a rope seal without pulling the crack out.
I think he's at Rob Penman Motorsport Henderson (used to be in Glendene/Span Farm)

402rat, Sep 26, 6:12am
well crank needed polish so is out,cheers

twink19, Sep 26, 6:32am
yes that him

402rat, Sep 26, 6:35am
sweet have you had this done threw john!machined block to suit runner seal or did u go rope!

402rat, Sep 26, 6:40am
rubber seal,,,,lol

rod-zone, Sep 26, 10:49am
Are you sure its a rope seal! if its an injected 304 it will be a rubber/neoprene seal! chev engines went away from the rope type seal in the early to mid 60's i think.so im pretty sure yours will be a rubber one!
Gav

402rat, Sep 26, 8:02pm
its def a rope cheers,hq where rope then they switch to rubber but back to rope vl or vn

thunderbolt, Sep 26, 8:38pm
I think they used rope as they had free off cuts from the tow rope required with every new Holden.

splinter67, Sep 26, 8:40pm
To tow fords lol

402rat, Sep 27, 3:13am
we all no that's the opposite to what u said,,,hahahaha
every ford lover i no doesn'teven own a ford ,,classic alright
lets buy a ford and pay heaps for parts coz there so rare ,,gez what am i thinking ,i meant rusted or in the shed looking so kool,,,

thunderbolt, Sep 27, 3:35am
Ahh GM fans, good to see they all have issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=oebzAIZEfxQ

I think his rope seal must have leaked onto his clutch.

402rat, Sep 27, 3:42am
good to see ford fans looking up gm stuff,,,,hahaha fail
again all ford fans i no seem to no a lot about gm,/holdens get a life out side the closet ,,,,bwahahaha