Motorcycle Speedway Sponsorship

samic11156, Sep 28, 9:52pm
Hi my name is Noel, my 16yr old son (Billy) races motorcycle speedway, we are despratlely looking for sponsors between $100- $5000.
we have started our season with a bit of bad luck and hopfully there wont be anymore, our rebuilt engine blew up .it is in the process of being repaired but this has shown us we need another bike or at least a spare engine and I am not in a possition to buy one. Ideally we would like to find someone out there to buy either a bike or motor,they can retain ownership but we would use and maintain the bike or engine.
Billy's dream is win many NZ titles,and to compete in the leagues in euope and the uk .so is there anyone out there who would want to or knows someone who could be interested in being part of a up and comming racing team,please make contact021381793

ralphdog1, Sep 28, 10:02pm
Sorry to be be blunt but.
We have now heard all about what you want and need, but what have you got to offer in return.
"who could be interested in being part of a up and comming racing team"
Sounds lovely, but that is just emotional waffle.
You need to either find a soft hearted sucker, or you need to come up with a proper promotional plan that demonstrates to a potential sponsor that they will get some bang for their buck. Until you can do that you are blowing in the wind.
Good luck

the-lada-dude, Sep 28, 11:06pm
you wana keep off those barbi pillsROUGHBOG1.
hey samic, if your boys any good and has got real potential, try colin giltrap, he knows who's who 4 sponsor ship. i have this feeling speedway cycle racing is making a come back in nz, i think it's still massively popular in europe. make sure you talk to the organ grinder and not his monkey. although sponsor ship $$$ are hard to come by in this economic climate.

pinga08, Sep 29, 6:56am
what part of the country are you in i know a bloke with a real competitive bike that he is keen to get someone on and sponsor

flashgordon_nz, Sep 29, 11:56am
to the original poster. Leigh Adams had a similar start, many year ago, at a similar age. he did it on true grit, determination, and hard work. He had a lucky break, a chance to ride in england, and the rest is speedway history. I know Leigh very well, as well as his "owen bros" team mate, Mark Loram.
To be honest, yes, you need to sit down with someone and put together a package of "what can be offered in return" for a sponser to some on board. clear figures of your season costs, and maybe a an edorsement from someone else in his club/class. maybe, if they see him as a true talent, they will also be a first to offer advice, help, and take him under their wing.

pugmyre, Sep 29, 8:25pm
Good sound advice.

samic11156, Sep 30, 1:08am
Thanks guys yeah its really hard getting sponsorship in NZ ther is truck loads of sport and only small amounts or cash
Colin is great he does a lot for sport but he's well into cars more than bikes but your right I will make contact , (nothing ventured nothing gained)
Leigh Adams is awesome we were big fans when he was in the GP total shame about his bad crash after speedway is leigh walking properly again we dont hear much news on that front.
We are hoping Speedway will rise again in NZwith the Junior section in place at the moment at all 4 bike tracks around the country we have quite a few good up in comming riders the NZ under 21 in Invercargil will be worth looking at this year Dec 8th,
Pinga 08 we are in Auckland it would be amazing if your friend was keen we need another bike ,but being Nth Islanders he would prob want to help a sth Islander out,mind you we plan on racing in the south 4 times this season if all goes to plan.

flashgordon_nz, Sep 30, 3:48am
sadly leigh is still in a wheel chair. Ironic, as in all his speedway career, is worst injury i can remember were badly sprained wrist, and fractured ankle. he retires, and that happens. He is making small steps in recovery, there is a facebook support group for him that has infrequent updates on his progress. He was always such a nice, down to earth guy, and always grateful for what he had in life. Kylie and the kids have stood by him, something to be proud of.

samic11156, Sep 30, 5:04am
flashgordon_nz wrote:
sadly leigh is still in a wheel chair. Ironic, as in all his speedway career, is worst injury i can remember were badly sprained wrist, and fractured ankle. he retires, and that happens. He is making small steps in recovery, there is a facebook support group for him that has infrequent updates on his progress. He was always such a nice, down to earth guy, and always grateful for what he had in life. Kylie and the kids have stood by him, something to be proud of.[/quote
Is the facebook group under his name I'll look it up now. cheers mate.

samic11156, Sep 30, 7:06am
WOW I had a look he is awesome what a good attitude.

flashgordon_nz, Oct 1, 7:02am
his attitude is very contagious. nice guy to be around, and a loyal crew around him too