Where can I get car touch up paint?

trade4us2, Sep 27, 7:24am
I want to paint small areas with a brush so I don't want a spray can.
I need anough to cover about one square inch and I don't want to pay $20.
It's metallic paint.

jmma, Sep 27, 7:29am
A place where they sell models (o:

brad166, Sep 27, 7:32am
Colour works in penrose

kazbanz, Sep 27, 7:32am
Heya OP -Ok for a starter -you don't want to pay $20 and don't want a spray can. Ok if you are really lucky and get a color match then one of the Holts color touch brushes is the answer for about $11.00 each at ripco
otherwise your solution is to buy one of the small spray cans -Holts again is one brand.Then buy a fine paint brush and spray some paint into the cap.
Let some propellant flash off and use the brush to paint the bits needing it.
Frankly though you are pushing it to get a metallic finish brush painted on that doesn't look like(insert swear word) for under $20
Another possibility depending on the color is -wait for it. Nail varnish
Or metallic paint from a kitset model shop

kwkbrk, Sep 27, 7:36am
Total Body Shop Supplies in Lower Hutt do small touch up packs if you give them your car`s paint code number. See if there is one of those near you .

attitudedesignz, Sep 27, 7:38am
Yep, you'd be surprised the amount of "cool" colours ya can get in nail polish.

Don't tell anyone but i may have possibly stood checking out nail polish for a "little" while some time ago when SWMBO was doin' something in some shop.

attitudedesignz, Sep 27, 7:44am
If that's the one where dozer works then OP DON'T go there. The guy WILL rip you off and be as arrogant as he can, he is a complete (insert ya own word here).

Yeah yeah slander this & defamation that, i couldn't give 2 rats because i've known the guy since the late '90s when he was in Palmy and i know his business practices.

kazbanz, Sep 27, 7:45am
AD--I had an FJ1200 in that white/lightblue/dark blue pink stripe
Ive still got the "touch up paint" for the stone chips on the paint
Funny as all heck -theres a bloke standing at this hoity toity makeup place holding a bike sidecover to get color matches.With all the makeup girls helping out cos it was more fun than stuck up remmers lady wanting genuine au du whatever.

trade4us2, Sep 27, 9:33am
There's just a few chips off the bumper. The bottom car :)
http://i47.tinypic.com/amvdhz.jpg

patiki1, Sep 27, 9:56am
I hope you dont paint your nails to match your car!

patiki1, Sep 27, 9:57am
autopaint

bevharris1938, Sep 27, 10:15am
i got a twink bottle size from Mazda for my rx8 , cost $10 , the colour code was stamped on the car in the engine bay.

kazbanz, Sep 27, 4:02pm
Frankly you are better to get a professional to sort it outunless you are happy with a 3m job.--ie looks ok at 3m but closer it looks like --s3333

kwkbrk, Sep 28, 12:10am
Actually, I don`t know ! All I know is that I`ve variously got stuff from them for a Mitsi ute, an M Spec BMW, a Volvo and my current Benz and the colour match has been perfect in all four cases . and never felt that I was ripped off either, quite the opposite in fact.
Must have caught him on a good day in all four cases.

trade4us2, Sep 28, 2:59am
OK the job's all done, with a paint pot from Automotive Paint Supplies Ltd Penrose.