Car Scam

bronglen, Oct 8, 9:52pm
http://www.3news.co.nz/New-scam-targets-car-sellers-online/tabid/423/articleID/156984/Default.aspx

Had someone text me the other night and he wanted to buy my car. He saw it on the other website starting with an S. Said he was in England and would get someone to pick the car up. He wanted my Paypal details. I had suspicions from the start as the number he text from was from a different country. I had him on for a while and then in the end I send him the above link. I haven't heard from him since. lol

noswalg, Oct 9, 1:37am
Nothing new about that scam, been done to death. I suggest getting some ideas from 419eater.com on how you can get them to waste their time, its pretty easy to get them frustrated!

smac, Oct 9, 7:14pm
Got a new one the other night, a text saying they had bought my car wanted my name and address to do the change of ownership.

It's weird, got me wondering who it was that picked the car up and paid me cash.

kcc55a, Oct 9, 10:23pm
Hope you told him "John Key, Lambton Quay, Wellington"

eagles9999, Oct 10, 7:32am
WHY do people really think some overseas buyer is interested in their old banger! I always find it amusing when somebody thinks they have uncovered the crime of the century because some scammer has sent them a text about their 12 year old car, which they probably cant even sell in NZ let alone ship overseas.