TM Price vs Car Yard price

alimin, Oct 20, 10:08am
I bought a car today from a dealership.Have so far put the deposit on it, to pay the remainder next week when I pick the car up.The asking price was $25,900 and they brought it down to $24,500.However, I have just seen it advertised in the TM car site and the asking price is $24,900.So I haven't had as much taken off as first thought.Is it too late to beat them down further in price!

magicmat, Oct 20, 10:09am
Lol. yea if you have signed your life away. bummer.

clark20, Oct 20, 10:10am
You have signed a piece of paper! Then NO

alimin, Oct 20, 10:20am
Oh well, I'll talk to them about it anyway .

neo_psy, Oct 20, 12:02pm
If you were happy with $24.5k, what's the problem!

countrypete, Oct 20, 8:15pm
You have a verbal contract and you have paid a deposit.An enforceable contract is where you have an agreement plus consideration (your deposit).That's what you have described.Besides, you have made an agreement to purchase the car at a price you are happy with - if you were not happy with the price you negotiated you wouldn't have agreed.How much you "beat then down" is irrelevant.

franc123, Oct 20, 8:31pm
If you have already signed the VOSA there won't be anything you can do. All this does highlight the need when looking at cars, either on the web or in the flesh, that there isn't any mismatch in pricing. I've often seen vehicles where the screen price has been very different to the price in the listing.

skull, Oct 20, 9:00pm
What the bloody hell are you doing trolling used car prices after you have already purchased your car, you have paid your deposit and signed the paper. You are only looking for grief if you are going to do that. I purchased a new car yesterday so first thing I did when I got on the 'puter was completely delete my watchlist of cars I was interested in. I'm going to drive and enjoy my new car and not give a fig about what it was, is or maybe worth for a few years because I know if I do start looking I will certainly find one cheaper, nicer or better specked. Funny thing is if I look I won't notice a single one that is dearer or less well specked, go figure.

no-reserve-cars, Oct 20, 9:14pm
Hi, you still got it $400 cheaper than what it was advertised for on trade me. the margins are not there like the good old days

illusion_, Oct 20, 9:34pm
done, dusted, etc

end of