Stuck Clutch

1grasshopper, Oct 27, 12:19pm
Our second car has been parked up awhile while we got the bits fixed up so that it will get a WOF.Now the Clutch is stuck (I assume thats the problem, as can push the pedal in and out but it does nothing).Is there an easier way to free it than pulling the gearbox out

icemans1, Oct 27, 1:48pm

tuttyclan, Oct 27, 3:31pm
(As above)Try rocking the car back and forth or better still pop it in first gear before starting the car then start it up (make sure you have penty of room in front) once its running (moving) then press the clutch in a few times it should free itself if not then switch off engine before you crash but the clutch should be free by this stage.

gammelvind, Oct 27, 7:13pm
While the nose of the car is hard against the wall you didn't manage to avoid keep your foot hard down, may get a little smokey from the burn out, but just keep stomping on the clutch it should free at some stage.
Oh by the way have you checked the clutch fluid!

pdc1, Oct 27, 10:05pm
If the above methods don't work, you can jack the driving wheels off the ground, start the car in gear and while holding clutch pedal down, keep giving the brake and accelerator pedal the jandle.

chebry, Oct 27, 10:43pm
Start it in gear and drive it that actually works

1grasshopper, Oct 28, 12:15am
This is what I kept reading when I google searched, just unsure if we can do it with a 4wheel drive! (Its a Mitsi GT Libero) because wouldnt that be all 4 wheels off the ground!

chebry, Oct 28, 12:19am
Just drive the car thats the method used to unstick clutch plates since the beginning of time unless you want to pull it apart

1grasshopper, Oct 28, 12:24am
OK, I will get it some petrol next time I'm out and then take it for a drive in the paddock (don't want to drive on road with no WOF and rego on hold) and in the paddock nothing can crash into me and theres nothing for me to crash into lol

skin1235, Oct 28, 12:46am
start it in neutral first and get the engine up to temperature, then restart it in first, you'll find you can change into 2nd by braille, grass paddock may be too slippery, you may need to be on a track or lane to get enough grip through the tyres

mm12345, Oct 28, 1:06am
Before you try all the fancy methods to unstick it, might pay to check that the master or slave cylinder hasn't simply sh*t itself or leaked fluid.

ceebee2, Oct 28, 3:47am
LOL to the lot o yas

elect70, Oct 29, 3:34am
fixed landy clutch bydriving itslowly intotree,foot on clutch, the impactfreed it