Honda 1.7 VI manual

poppajn, Oct 28, 4:51am
Any comment,s re these please, either way.

poppajn, Oct 28, 7:36pm
Not looking good then.

charlie4561, Oct 28, 8:08pm
What is a Honda VI, a Japanese Domestic Market Accord! It is probably a fairly good car one would assume, as most Hondas are. Just don't touch one with a CVT transmission.

poppajn, Oct 28, 9:36pm
I,d imagine so, it,s not a V-Tec, it,s NZ new and manual, 72,000.

phillip.weston, Oct 28, 10:23pm
surely you are meaning a Civic!

poppajn, Oct 29, 12:17am
Yes, it,s a Civic.

phillip.weston, Oct 29, 12:35am
And the year in question! Or do we have to guess that too!

poppajn, Oct 29, 1:12am

phillip.weston, Oct 29, 3:13am
That particular model Civic is basically the left overs of a 1990s chassis and design that has been tarted up slightly in an attempt to keep up with the competition. Sure it's going to be as reliable as the day is long being a Honda (especially a manual one too) but other than that it has little other redeeming features.

I'm unsure what money you're looking to spend, but I feel that money would be better spent on something else interesting.

suecat, Oct 29, 3:27am
A civic hatch then. A great car,reliable and well put together and a very spacious cabin. With the rear seats down we have stuffed in a small 2 seater couch and managed to shut the back door on it. I am pretty sure it is a V-tec engine and at 72,000k you should make sure the timing belt is done, however it is not unduly expensive to have done. Performance wise it is no fireball but if you drive within the law it is more than adequate. You may find having the gear lever on the dash will take some getting used to and the steering does not have a great lock hence turning circle is quite large. We have had an Auto since 2002 and we have done 120,000k with no servicing required apart from routine scheduled ones. Still has original battery!. It has been one of the better cars we have owned and I would be quite happy to keep it for another 100,000k except the boss has an eye on one of the new euro civics.

poppajn, Oct 29, 3:34am
Thank,s everyone, it,s been sold to some-one else, never mind, I,d prefer a V-Tec anyway, They wanted $8400 for it.

phillip.weston, Oct 29, 4:00am
$8400 can get something more modern than a nearly 11 year old Civic that's for sure.

vtecintegra, Oct 29, 5:59am
VI is a VTEC - SOHC version though so not a performance engine

Agree with p.w you can do better for that money

poppajn, Oct 29, 6:04am
Thank,s for explaining the difference.