Second hand car.

mugenb20b, Nov 7, 6:00am
Toyota Corona.

trdbzr, Nov 7, 6:03am
Toyota Corona, Caldina, Camry. If you are looking for a cheap car then its generally best to get a Toyota, they are generally very reliable. But in saying that, it also depends on how well they have been looked after. So as with any cheap car, go over it with a fine toothcomb.

trdbzr, Nov 7, 6:04am
What size are your kids!

mugenb20b, Nov 7, 6:06am
Yes. What's the problem!

trdbzr, Nov 7, 6:09am
Yep should fit easily, like I said, Caldina and Camry are also good options. Generally brands to stay away from when looking in the lower end of the market is Subaru, Mitsubishi, Honda (rust issues), certain Nissan models, European cars. Well this is unless you have mates/family working as mechanics.

trdbzr, Nov 7, 6:11am
Yes cars seem to have gone alot higher in price lately. Even old cars that you could pick up for few hundred a couple of years back are now going for $1K+

trdbzr, Nov 7, 6:12am
Id generally stay away from the early Mazdas, Hyundais. Sure you may get some cars that last well but eventually they do have problems.

mugenb20b, Nov 7, 6:14am
In that price range, avoid automatic cars, especially Mazda, Mitsubishi and Subaru.

trdbzr, Nov 7, 6:30am
If you are looking at something 96+ then definitely look at Nissans, they had fixed the rust issues by then and they are very reliable as well. Just try to avoid one with a SR engine unless it has a well documented service history. Also stay away from the Nissans with CVT transmissions, but I doubt any would pop up in your price range. Also for the Stagea keep an eye out for rust around the wing mirrors, but apart from that if you can pick one up then its a good reliable wagon.

tuttyclan, Nov 7, 7:16am
Yeh I have never liked the Torneo shape Accords,but the Accord Euros that came out in 2003 plus they are very nice.

trdbzr, Nov 7, 7:21am
Yeah Accord Euro's are pretty nice cars. They look good and go well. Its a shame that after that Honda dropped the ball again and the 3L V6 (triangle-ish headlight) accords also had gearbox issues.

tuttyclan, Nov 7, 7:27am
I know of a 1996 Honda Accord VTi Manual CD5 that has over 450,000 km by one owner and has only ever had the clutch replaced once and of course preventative maintainance.

trdbzr, Nov 7, 7:29am
Theres a guy over in USA whos done over 1 million miles in his Accord on the factory engine and transmission, he got a new Accord from Honda as his reward. Honda's engines are generally pretty bullet proof. Of the millions of VTEC engines they have sold, not one has till today come back for a warranty claim.

michael.benn, Nov 7, 7:37am
Million mile joe. Good story that one.

My Accord's speedo is at 293,746 kms or something. It's actually done about 308,000. Paid $1,700 for it. Hasn't let me down yet.