Help searching for a car

littlelegend, Nov 2, 9:47pm
I posted this under tips etc but no answer yet: Why is it when I ask it to show me cars from 2k-4k it shows me ones for 9k! They are no reserve so I know it's not becuase they have a low reserve and high buy now. TIA

gammelvind, Nov 2, 9:56pm
It is a pain, but when you have searched then stack them from lowest price, that should sort it reasonably.

fordluva, Nov 3, 6:53am
when you list a car you have to select an approximate value, from memory it defaults at 2k, it may be laziness not changing it but also I think there is more to it for many (particularly dealer listings) as they can sell a car on finance with the 2-4k as deposit they list it as 2k value, that way someone who hasnt considered finance can see what they could buy, I was told this by a dealer when I enquired on several of his cars listed like it.
then of course theres those who think a cash buyer with $4k can can somehow pull another $10k from their backside, they are just there to p!$$ you off, as far as Im concerned they should be warned and if not changed the listing pulled without refund.

littlelegend, Nov 3, 6:55am
Thanks Fordluva - that makes perfect sense!