Page 1 / 2
musikcrazee, Nov 9, 2:27am
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm!c_id=1&objectid=10764567

#2 Nissan Elgrand
#7 Nissan Presea
#10 Nissan Sunny

wtf!

falcon15, Nov 9, 2:31am
its because its AA insurances list. AA wont insure modifyed cars so that rules out 99% of skylines, silvias, subarus ect

stevexc, Nov 9, 3:05am
Honda Torneo is at the top yet the Honda Accord is nowhere to be seen!Makes no sense as the cars are identical apart from headlights and taillights.

r15, Nov 9, 3:17am
how many cars even get stolen in nz that are insured with aa!

if these are their top 10, then it would tend to suggest the sample size is pretty small

freedomaira320, Nov 9, 3:24am
I'd treat that least with the utmost skepticism. The fact that the Sylvia topped it for three years, and then just drops out of the top 10! I'd say it was collated very, very unscientifically.

icemans1, Nov 9, 3:32am
who would wanna steal a honda FFS! - some people have no taste

1ollie, Nov 9, 3:32am
You summed it up in one!

That list has NOTHING AT ALL to do with the real figurs in ANY WAY! It is AA's list and nothing elce lol an look at what they insure.

socram, Nov 9, 3:37am
The point about not insuring all cars is the relevant one, as the car that seems to be mentioned quite often is a pre-dot Subaru.

Maybe all the major insurers should pool their figures!The fact that insurance isn't compulsory bends them even more.

What it says to me is if you have a Nissan, don't insure it with the AA or you'll get it nicked!

_peas, Nov 9, 3:51am
Maybe now that AA assumes that nicer cars are no longer a high theft risk they will start to insure them again!!Can you imagine the conversation to AA. "sorry sir that Nissan van is a high theft risk."

richardmayes, Nov 9, 3:57am
Nissan Elgrand is rapidly filling the niche formerly occupied by CF Bedford, and (more recently) Toyota Previa. You know the one I mean.

Dunno why you would take the risk of stealing one though, when you could just persuade WINZ that you "need" it!

richardmayes, Nov 9, 3:58am
I see no-one is bothering to steal Holden Commodores; and why would you, when there are plenty of good cars (Honda Torneo) available!

franc123, Nov 9, 5:03am
I can't believe the Elgrand made that list, apart from the fact that they would make a more roomy garden shed than a dead Estima and you could sell the motor to someone whos blown up their Navara or Terrano what else could you use it for!Exporting as parts!Not dissing Elgrands as they are a nice enough vehicle and are from an era when Nissan made decent diesels but desirable to thieves!They sure as hell aren't in the Skyline and Impreza league

jkm, Nov 9, 5:12am
Guess that proves it then. Hondas are the "best" vehicle as "voted" by your local neighbourhood crim.LOL.

doug207, Nov 9, 5:26am
The ElGrand has the VG30 and VQ35 in it, could have something to do with it! I'm sure the VQ is becoming a more popular motor these days.

The Torneo has a lot of Honda-tastic parts if you get the right model, a red top H22A will sell easily, as will a manual box with LSD on it.

thejazzpianoma, Nov 9, 5:28am
Notice the Multipla doesn't feature,
Clearly testament to its state of the art security system, built in to the very fabric of its bodywork.

taipan4, Nov 9, 5:33am
nothing at all to do with the fact they are fugly LOL

tadpole7, Nov 9, 5:35am
what self respecting car thief would be seen dead in a multipla

franc123, Nov 9, 5:41am
doug207 wrote:
The ElGrand has the VG30 and VQ35 in it, could have something to do with it! I'm sure the VQ is becoming a more popular motor these days.

Ahh that would explain it, it would be fair to assume that Elgrand owners would not be as security conscious as Skyline owners and if the engines and transmissions are good for replacements or transplants then its not surprising that they are going missing.I'm more used to dealing with diesel versions lol.

wrong2, Nov 9, 5:45am
the shape of the Torneo is more sporty - which appeals to the scum

socram, Nov 9, 5:59am
So, no one wants to nick a Beamer or Merc either, nor a Jag, Rover, Range Rover, Peugeot, Mini or any other Euro, cos the crims only go for what is really desirable!

holden_fan2006, Nov 9, 6:20am
It's unusual what thieves do now! Just this week we have had a xl corolla (1.3 carby) come in as a stolen/recovered and some ugly little 3cyl daewoo thing as well. It's getting more and more common to have old junkers stolen and recovered.

horsepower7, Nov 9, 7:32am
lol my thoughts too haha! but the cars that i think get stolen the most are mitsi evo's and skyline GTR's. im a skyline fan and have been lucky not to have mine taken.

johnf_456, Nov 9, 10:20am
totally right

big.b-lil.c, Nov 9, 6:54pm
people movers are stolen to use in burglary's plenty of room for loot. old cars dont have anti theft devices

callofthewild, Nov 9, 10:00pm
This thread is soooo funny . Had a great laugh.