SOLD a car, it trashed it self 1 hour later !

the-lada-dude, Nov 11, 9:14pm
almost unbelievable, sold a '94 toyoed carina 2000cc to some fellas, they were happy with test drive. & it always ran well 4 me. 1 hour after taking the car ,they rang me to say the car was seizing !long story but turns out the trans has failed ! and is making nasty noises.they want their money back .

a18a, Nov 11, 9:16pm
do you know how they where driving it in that 1 hour!

mechnificent, Nov 11, 9:20pm
Things don't wear out in one hour. They caused the problem. tell them to fix it.

morrisman1, Nov 11, 9:49pm
sounds like they were thrashing it. I'm sure that if it was genuinely faulty it wouldn't have happened so suddenly. Get the car back, have a look at the tyres for chunking would be the first thing to do I think.

dave653, Nov 11, 10:09pm
I sold a Hunter with a new motor, a week later they (two large 'bros') came back and said the battery keeps dieng. I lifted the bonnet, shut it again and said 'take it back to the moron who created that abortion, I'm not touching it'. It looked like an electrical apprentice had spat the dummy and threw half the workshop in there.

jmma, Nov 11, 11:10pm
Might be flexiplate.
Why did you sell it!

intrade, Nov 11, 11:12pm
what trans manual! if so they be doing burnouts check the tyres for any signes of that.

stella99990, Nov 11, 11:16pm
You got suckered I think. It's an old car anyway. You were not offering a guarantee. If they threaten you call the police. How can they prove they did not do the damage with no pre check.

the-lada-dude, Nov 11, 11:18pm
I had a chat to an auto g/b tech, he knows his shit. !he says these g/b are bullet proof , well almost!I reckon the dozy cow has gone thru the gate from drive to reverse at speed, or worse, into park !

intrade, Nov 11, 11:22pm
that would nuke a automatic.yea the corolla automatics last 450.000km till the torque convertor poops or so and then till 650,000km till the trans fails.when serviced once or twice in its live

andy61, Nov 11, 11:32pm
Its not a Corolla automatic ,try Corona Automatic,but yeah if it wasnt on death bed when you sold it,they have been abusing way too hard

n1smo_gtir, Nov 11, 11:47pm
Tell em.where to stick it. If they happy with test drive n happy enough to hand over and drive away then they've satisfied themself n got no leg to stand on.

the-lada-dude, Nov 12, 1:29am
yeah I know, but I still don't feel good about the situation.Man I'd love to have a concealed camera in the begger

elect70, Nov 12, 2:34am
Tell them to take it to transrepairer&get it sripped downifthey say itbroke due to obviousabuse tell ownerto live with it . Autos dont justcrap outplenty of warningsignsif on theway out .