Older car with lower k's or newer car with high ks

springchicken6, Nov 12, 1:35am
What do you experts think!

curlcrown, Nov 12, 1:45am
Generaly the newr car. But there are some variables.

monaro17, Nov 12, 1:47am
have you got the specifics in mind! Are we talking 30 years old 20,000kms and 2 years old 300,000kms! Need a little more info please (makes models years and kms etc)

springchicken6, Nov 12, 1:53am
na more a late 90s with mid to late 100's or a 2000 or newer with over 200

springchicken6, Nov 12, 1:53am
Just looking at various cars at the mo

monaro17, Nov 12, 1:56am
Unfortunately it's hard to give a definite answer without knowing everything. What sort are you looking at! Large sedans, 4WD's, small hatches!

springchicken6, Nov 12, 2:00am
station wagons max we want to spend is around 7-8k, preferably around the 5k. any suggestions!

monaro17, Nov 12, 2:08am
It would probably be okay. but keeping in mind it has done around 33,000kms per year, it would no doubt have a few rattles etc. My previous suggestion -in my mind- would be better, far smoother far more refined, more spacious, even more reliable

springchicken6, Nov 12, 2:10am
I'll show my fiance and see what he thinks hes going to be driving it after all

morrisman1, Nov 12, 2:47am
ha, that wingroad looks like the designer was pissed when he did top of the window line.

tgray, Nov 12, 3:04am
Newer car with higher K's any day.

skyblue17, Nov 12, 3:06am
Looks as tho the handbrake was stuck in there as an afterthought

monaro17, Nov 12, 5:30am
Haha, no it's truly not- my son has a sedan version and it is integrated quite nicely although this one probably needs to be tightened as it does stick up too far

3tomany, Nov 12, 5:45am
+1 newer tecnology is more efficient, safer, quieter, more comfortable just get an after market warranty incase it does something expensive if it worries you

40wav, Nov 12, 8:00am
Early 2000s Commodore with under 200k would fit the bill nicely.

bmwnz, Nov 12, 8:02am
Always newer car with lower k's for me.

gunhand, Nov 12, 8:21am
Those Cefiros are bloody good cars. They do everything quite well and are comfy as. Thats low Kms on that one too.Not too bad on fuel if you don't thrash it but not as ecomical as you would think it should be. Id own another any day.

40wav, Nov 12, 8:22am
I had a 2L Cefiro and it got 10L/100km. My 3.8 Commodore ute returns the same or better. I know which I'd much rather have.

Edit to add -The Cefiro was very comfortable though, very smooth on the road. They got that right.

arrithedog, Nov 12, 8:26am
Just sold a '97 Cefiro. I'd have another. Lovely car. only sold it 'cos the mrs kept getting it stuck in the mud when visiting farms and rural calls so we got a 4x4.

monaro17, Nov 12, 9:47pm
Those 2L were renowned for being overly thirsty- small V6s generally are, especially in a big car. My son has the 3L Cefiro sedan and on the highway it will do 7.5-9.5 L/100km and around town (proper stop start atop start running, through 30km/h roadworks) about 13-14 L/100km. The 2.5 and 3.0 versions are much better than the 2.0.

phillip.weston, Nov 13, 3:30am
It's a no brainer to pick the more modern car with better features. The Cefiro is a nice enough car but it's 15 years old now and the fact that it's done 90,000kms doesn't mean much when an example with 150,000+ kms will be just as reliable and half the cost still.

There's a ten year difference in technology and design between the two cars - I would much rather take the four air bags, ABS with EBD and brake assist of the Wingroad over the two air bags and just ABS only of the Cefiro. The Wingroad will use almost half was much fuel as the Cefiro - I have driven both of those exact models before. I found the interior more comfortable and quieter on the Cefiro however.

monaro17, Nov 13, 6:20am
.this cefiro has 4 airbags. just saying ;)

gunhand, Nov 13, 6:38am
In one thread there cursing new technology and in this one there all for it, can't win LOL. Id still rather the cefiro 15 years old or not. Those modern cars are all tinny/plasticy feeling and just feel cheap. Least the ol Cefey gives a bit of comfort and quite. IMO

vtecintegra, Nov 13, 8:31am
Only one relatively small part of the equation (especially the seat mounted side airbags that don't do very much good without curtains as well)

The overall design of the crash structure is more important