Anyone know price for repair or replace a mpv 2003

karl110, Nov 13, 9:54am
cracked head gasket or head. but coz it has 2 heads not sure which till pull apart. The cost is in the labour. Straight swap of motor way cheaper than pulling apart etc. Body of car needs to be lifted over motor.

The above is a poor friend trying to keep her car on the road. Any assistance would be great. Thanks.

snoopy221, Nov 13, 9:58am
coz it has 2 heads not sure which till pull apart.

In a nutshell if you are not competent enough to diagnose which head.
Ya gotz a looooonnnggg road

a.woodrow, Nov 13, 10:21am
Ahh I hate to say it but if $$$ is that tight get a mechanic in a bottle andpour it in. nothing to lose and everything to gain. the ones that are hald copper and half liquid seem to be best, supersheep, ripco etc sell em

karl110, Nov 13, 10:22am
Yeah. Thinking that too a.woodrow.

kazbanz, Nov 13, 7:52pm
Best thing for said freind is sell the MPV V6 and buy a more economical car.
Not being a smart alec here I feel its the most economic solution

kingfisher21, Nov 14, 2:37am
Good luck with that sorry, throw it away, the last one we did cost a small fortune, they aren't even a japanese engine, all the parts we needed had to come from Canada of all places. The whole front subframe has to come out. Even if you could find a 2nd hand engine the cost of that and the labour would be more than the vehicle is worth.

mugenb20b, Nov 14, 6:08am
I did a head gasket job once on a Ford Escape (the same V6 as your MPV). You don't want to do only one head gasket, simply due to labour involved to get to either one of the heads. But anyway, head gasket job + water pump + radiator rod out = $5000.