Page 1 / 2
springchicken6, Nov 20, 8:55am
From auck to palmy!

intrade, Nov 20, 8:56am
you better dont buy a car unseen.

splinter67, Nov 20, 8:56am
talk to palmy tow should be 1 or 2 days only

springchicken6, Nov 20, 8:58am
going to see if we can have someone look at it for us. Plus its been aa appraised through a dealer

intrade, Nov 20, 9:00am
AA aprised . you would better ask a 5 year old to aprise it for you then the AA as a 5 year old kid would do a better job then the AA

greta29, Nov 21, 11:09am
AA appraised dont mean shit

icemans1, Nov 21, 1:30pm
ya better off getting a reputable mechanic to look it over. AA are more interested in looking at the cosmetic side rather than the mechanical

kazbanz, Nov 21, 6:57pm
Springchicken-First of all count on a few days for shipping.That is reasonable allowing they may not travel to palmy daily.
Second. PLEASE do not for a second concider an AA appraisal to in any way be a Pre purchase inspection because it is NOT.Its no more than is required to be done for compliance and is pure advertising.
You will get a better inspection getting a WOF check done and asking them to tell you how it feels. -Im NOT suggesting that either but its just to give an idea.
I STRONGLYrecommend asking if its ok to have an AA FULL pre purchase inspection done. The cost to YOU will be $145 if an AA member.
Not that the AA is my suggestion but the dealers reaction will tell you everything.
The preference is to have an inspection done by a decent mechanic as a second option Car Inspection Services or Incar services do a reasonable job. -All should cost about the AA price.
I usually recommend getting the car inspected by a freind first then if it seems good get it propperly mechanically inspected.

ceedoubleyou, Nov 21, 9:31pm
bought a car from Chch sight unseen, shipped by train overnight to AKL, no problems, Geez, it's only a car. It was a RSK B4 Subby too.

splinter67, Nov 21, 10:34pm
Buy what you like its your money would have thought one of these nice helpful people from Auckland might have gone and checked it out for you if I was there I would maybe we are more helpful in hawkes bay

attitudedesignz, Nov 21, 10:57pm
LMFAO, quote of the year.

There's only maybe 4 people in HB i'd trust to "check" something out for me, 3 of those are family and the other is someone who used to be a regular poster here.

floscey, Nov 21, 11:13pm
be easier on a truck. where does the ship dock at Palmy!

xpfairmont, Nov 21, 11:22pm
or maybe we have jobs and work to do

splinter67, Nov 21, 11:24pm
You must know the wrong people lol But we have all these aucklanders that are good with advice if you can call it that but short on actual help whats happened to NZ sad very sad

splinter67, Nov 21, 11:26pm
They want a car checked out not some plans drawn wouldnt take that long but your fellas time is worth too much or your far too important

attitudedesignz, Nov 22, 6:44am
LOL, nope, Napier born & bred mate. And you'd be very surprised by the people i know.

splinter67, Nov 22, 6:49am
Yup there are some dodgey buggers here but they are everywhere and some of us turned out alright you seem like a decent sort of a bloke

xpfairmont, Nov 22, 6:51am
keep digging.

xpfairmont, Nov 22, 6:52am
+ then if it craps out, is it my fault! good one!

splinter67, Nov 22, 6:55am
Ok but you aren't the only one on here from Auckland

attitudedesignz, Nov 22, 7:00am
HAHAHA, i'm gonna have to show the missus that, she get a giggle out of it.

In the words of Jake the muss, "I'm a likable kind of chap"

snoopy221, Nov 22, 7:08am
The astrolabe reef!

neville48, Nov 22, 9:00am
He asked for info on shipping form Auckland to Palmy and so far he has a five year old kid to check it out for him, a reef to dock his ship on , a quote from "Jake the Muss", 4 people he can trust in Hawkes Bay,a train trip from christchurch to auckland and a character reference for Alcoholics Anonomous, what the fek happened with the original question!

xpfairmont, Nov 22, 9:42am
I guess he should of just picked up the phone and called Toll.

chebry, Nov 22, 9:45am
Overnight next day delivery