A friends car stuck in park.

waikatoboy, Nov 21, 4:27am
1999 Nissan Serena,4WD. he has been told the petrol pump has packed up.
He cannot start it and it seems he cannot get it out of park to get it to someone to fix it ,is there a way to get it out of park without starting it!

Also he has been quoted $400 in labour , and $550 for a pump.

curlcrown, Nov 21, 4:29am
It should still come out of park with the ignition on even if the engine is not running. May need to depress the brake peddel.

waikatoboy, Nov 21, 4:41am
Cheers, I wonder if hegave that a thought, he said he did "everything" he could think of.I know mine you have to also.I will ask.

splinter67, Nov 21, 4:43am
He wont be the first one to be caught out with the brake pedal thing

lookoutas, Nov 21, 4:52am
It might even have a blown brake fuse. But there must be an over-ride button beside the shifter, or a place to insert the key.

waikatoboy, Nov 21, 5:18am
He did push the Break pedal.There is no button he can see.
When I see him next I will suggest the fuse, he said he has hunted all over the area where the shifter is and can see nothing.

Thanks guys.

unbeatabull, Nov 21, 5:59am
There will be a small cap on the centre shifter or a little thing by the shifter that is a mechanical override, some are hidden under a small cap and you push it down or insert a key etc, others (I've seen on Nissans before) have a little lever directly in front of the T-Bar (and is part of the T-Bar) that you can't see normally unless you know to look at and you push it down.

rob_man, Nov 21, 6:18am
No wonder it's broken.

lookoutas, Nov 21, 6:38am
Quickest way to check if fuse is blown, is to see if brake lights are working.

LMAO rob.

waikatoboy, Nov 22, 3:16am
lol.
my bad.

waikatoboy, Nov 22, 3:17am
thanks for that will pass it on.

petermcg, Nov 23, 4:26am
If the two problems are not just a coincedence, then it is an electrical problem for sure , maybe a fusable link is broke, see you have the fuel pump not working and also what locks it in park is not working, Im not sure how that works but it is probably electric.