What is the car next to the Miura?

Page 1 / 2
hawat, Nov 28, 8:23pm
http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/8008973/Stored-engine-less-Lambo-has-rich-history
Thought it might be a Mark IV Zodiac but the c pillars are too skinny. Any ideas!

splinter67, Nov 28, 8:26pm
Merc maybe

hawat, Nov 28, 8:31pm
Which model! Year! Wouldn't be one of the same vintage as the Miura, too modern looking.

rob_man, Nov 28, 8:54pm
Merc or Audi of some sort.

saxman99, Nov 28, 8:56pm
Looks like a 90's SE Merc W140.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W140

freedomaira320, Nov 28, 9:35pm
S Class Mercedes is my bet too. Wing mirror is quite distinctive.

fiatracer, Nov 28, 9:39pm
agree - Merc s Class

the-lada-dude, Nov 28, 11:02pm
Phissst , you are all sooo wrong !it's a rare and exotic LADA 1600 with the works tunedin ( E minor ) engine / gearbox / diff combination. and chrome engraved door handles,

saxman99, Nov 29, 12:47am
Well, that's bollocks.If you knew anything at all you'd know it CAN'T be tuned in E minor, it has to be B minor.Duh.

ebygum1, Nov 29, 12:54am
I agree,any Lada could only be tuned Bloody minor.

hawat, Nov 29, 1:07am
ummm I think its a 1990 Quattroporte.

freedomaira320, Nov 29, 3:32am
Wrong sort of doorhandles and mirror. Also no Quatroporte emblem on C pillar. i'm sticking with the S Class.

bellky, Nov 29, 3:47am
Yep MB probly S class. looks like the rear quarter window is gone so that's why it looks a bit Quattroportey.

hawat, Nov 29, 3:48am

bellky, Nov 29, 3:52am
Look at the lip on the front wheel arch.

And the front side window.

And the side rear view mirror.

hawat, Nov 29, 3:52am
Just blew it up and had a good look. You're right. Not a Quattroporte. Probably S Class Merc

neville48, Nov 29, 9:02am
think about it , what would anyone that had a lamborghini Miura be doing with a Mk 4 Zodiac. I do not believe this situation exists anywhere in the world.anywhere. PS; 1 vote for the Merc theory

mm12345, Nov 29, 9:17am
I know somebody who had a Miura, but their daily driver was a yellow Ford Laser.Your theory is a fail.

tillsbury, Nov 29, 9:19am
Definitely the last proper plutocratic merc, the c pillar to boot is a giveaway.Great car, for a tank.Good and frightening from the front for the pedestrian about to go down.

hawat, Nov 29, 9:40am
Yep just confirming what mm12345 said. Harold Ralph MD Ford NZ a million years ago. He had a Ferrari Daytona and a Mark IV Zodiac. His daily drive was a chauffeur driven LTD so stranger things do happen.

socram, Nov 30, 3:12am
Or how about the well known local owner of a mint Trekka and his stable of desirable cars!I gather that he arrived at the Auckland dealership for exotic cars in the Trekka and placed an order for a brand new exotic.When he returned to the Trekka, the boys in the workshop had covered it with varioius stickers!

trogedon, Nov 30, 4:22am
Miura ; if it still didn't have the engine it would be a good time to put something reliable in it. Jap V6 for example.

hawat, Nov 30, 4:40am
I heard of that, was that the late Mr Ferneyhough! He had his private collection in that building on Manukau Road in Epsom.

saxman99, Nov 30, 6:10am
Or, you could swallow a bowlful of leeches and die slowly from internal bleeding if you want to do something more enjoyable.

neville48, Nov 30, 9:56am
hush your mouth, yur obviously dilerious and not taking your medication again.