Campervan 12v waterpump

jerichord, Nov 30, 3:40am
looksto me like a bypass for the pump, usually used when you are hooked up to townsupply and the pump is not needed, cheers

meathead_timaru, Nov 30, 3:50am
Yep, as jerichord says.

dinosaw88, Nov 30, 4:01am
Pretty sure camper doesnt hook up to any town supply. The inlet runs directly to the tank and thats it.

meathead_timaru, Nov 30, 4:06am
Then it's a remnant of a system that did and there would be a check valve on the tank outlet too which may or may not still be there. There's no other purpose to it.

muzz67, Nov 30, 4:13am
clear hose a big no-no! allows algae to grow in pipe,, must not let light through.

dinosaw88, Nov 30, 4:28am
Brilliant, thanks very much, I'll ditch it, be much tidier.
And yes I'm definitely changing it to black plastic hoses too thanks.

thewomble1, Dec 1, 10:54am
I would fit a two way valve on the the output side of the pump between the pump and where the bi-pass joins in. When connect to mains it would cut off the supply from the pump and by opening the bi-pass valve mains water could then be fed to the water tank and helping to keep the water fresh.

dinosaw88, Dec 2, 2:38am
Thanks but it doesnt connect to mains at all, the water comes from the tank only. I've removed the bypass and it now runs straight through the pump to the tap. Thanks for help everyone.

red97, Dec 2, 5:08am
a nice simple addition that may come in handy would be a tee with a standard male hose (nylex snap lock!) fitting and a non return valve so if circumstances allowed you could just chuck a garden hose on and have mains supply

meathead_timaru, Dec 2, 5:31am
That's what I'd do but they don't seem interested in a good solution, just the easiest.

meathead_timaru, Dec 2, 5:34am
Two check valves would achieve the same thing and be automatic too.

thewomble1, Dec 2, 11:51am
If you put the bypass back before the pump and the on the other side of the valvea piece of tubing to the outside or under the caravan with the outlet lower than the tankyou could turn it on and drain the water in the tank every so often to help keep it 'fresh'.

dinosaw88, Dec 2, 10:02pm
Thats not a bad idea at all. Thanks for that.

thewomble1, Dec 3, 1:00pm
You're welcome. If you happen to top up the tank somewhere and the water is not the 'best' you can always drain and refill with better water later