Best Motoring Quotes 2012

Page 1 / 2
outbidyou2, Dec 3, 9:46am
Well, Christmas approaching so the years almost done. I've seen some goodies, can't remember most of them but there is the odd jem.

What a dick, im amechanic, own a nice home, drive a nice suv, tow a nice fish/ski boat, own 2 other houses and have a hot wife!

Probably none too smart - being that you think the mechanic game is as financially rewarding as going plumber, electrician etc but par for the course.

OP if you are none too smart follow lyonruge's advice. You'll be happy and own three houses, a 'hot' wife (eye of the beholder) and an SUV and boat by the time you are 42. Apparently.

Odds and averages are irrelevant - hedge your bets on anonymous anecdotes from the (apparent) top percentile of grease monkeys.

bestgames (334 )2:47 pm, Thu 16 Feb #32

outbidyou2, Dec 3, 9:54am
I use to a tow trailer of camping gear in the day with a 1.3 80's Mazda.

johnf_456 (167 )7:18 pm, Tue 13 Nov #11

outbidyou2, Dec 3, 9:56am
Are we talking about your answer in the offset wheel debacle dud

splinter67

jmma, Dec 3, 10:10am
jmma wrote:
What is the car !

A primitive yet effective form of transport.

theram1 (26 )7:17 pm, Mon 3 Dec #14

johnf_456, Dec 3, 10:11am
Problem!

outbidyou2, Dec 3, 10:17am
If I did mate I'd cruise over and smack ya in the mouth. You best talk to someone else. Thanks

johnf_456, Dec 3, 10:28am
Charming

andrea_w, Dec 3, 11:12am
john - lighten up, seriously.

Not from these MB, but still a great motoring quote
"The guy who designed this first corner should be taken into a dark room and be beaten"
https://www.youtube.com/watch!feature=player_embedded&v=QdCDkfEKkUI

edit - whoops, just realised that video was uploaded in 2008 haha. ah well, I first saw it a few days ago so that counts as a 2012 quote in my books :D

pollymay, Dec 3, 5:41pm
Anything said by Clive Matthew-Wilson

splinter67, Dec 3, 6:31pm
Thanks I think

splinter67, Dec 3, 7:37pm
Well without Googleing, when I think about the cars I grew up with it seems the RWD cars are low offset and the FWD cars are high offset. I'd say it's a design issue with FWD cars and their transverse engine needing the extra width high offset wheels give. Of course these days even the RWD cars are high offset wheeled, and I'd say this again is by design to give more room while occupying less space.

Bellky

bellky, Dec 3, 8:36pm
What's wrong with that! Damn good thinking.

splinter67, Dec 3, 9:01pm
And another from bellky

theram1, Dec 3, 10:54pm
That gets my vote, but I am biased.

theram1, Dec 3, 10:56pm
Watch out intrade may be looking.

sr2, Dec 4, 10:12am
I don't do it all day, I much prefer to fix things then inspect and dive through piles of rubbish of peoples disgusting equipment.

Edited by johnf_456 at 9:23 pm, Tue 4 Dec

johnf_456, Dec 4, 10:15am
seriously, getting a bit tiresome.

pollymay, Dec 4, 4:10pm
seriously, getting a bit tiresome.

Edited by johnf_456 at 11:17 pm, Tue 4 Dec

whqqsh, Dec 4, 4:39pm
anything to do with the old 'my badged V8 supercar won on the racetrack this weekend therefore my car's better than yours'. as if their car has anything at all in common with the custom built car that hits the track

bellky, Dec 5, 3:20am
If I did mate I'd cruise over and smack ya in the mouth. You best talk to someone else. Thanks

outbidyou2

. Okay tuff guy

fordkiwi27, Dec 5, 3:32am
doomy999 wrote:

complete twaddle johnathon.
To get a speeding ticket you need to speed.
To get a warning on trademe you dont actually need to do anything wrong. You only have to be perceived to do something wrong![/quote

bellky, Dec 5, 3:38am

outbidyou2

. Lololololololol.

bellky, Dec 5, 4:01am
Message deleted - hope it went with a warning too.

splinter67, Dec 5, 4:06am
How to make friends and influence people by bellky

bellky, Dec 5, 4:07am
Couldn't care less splinter as you should know by now.