Help - What is colour code for my car?

kazbanz, Dec 5, 6:42am
pearl--to be honest with the age of your car you are better getting a good eyematch done off a fuel flap

rob_man, Dec 5, 6:50am
Being NZ assembled creates its own set of problems when the sticker falls apart. The paint looks to be in good nick so the code might be worth tracking down, your local Nissan dealer parts network should have that vehicle on record since it was assembled here.

gunhand, Dec 5, 6:50am
Take it to a paint shop with a spectro thingy. Unfortunatly your code and name has worn out. Any good paint shop should be able to help though.There are litteraly thousands of colours about, and thats just reds/moroons. What is you are touching up and how are you going to do it! ie dabbing it!
Some painters will know the name off the top of there head but that ones getting back abit now.A shop can narrow there search down to year and model but still may have dozens to choose from. Do you have origonal owners manuals as sometime the name is writtin in there.

retropearl, Dec 5, 6:59am
Thanks, no sorry don't have original owner manual. Just want to basically touch up some bumper scrapes here and there to keep it looking tidy.
I will pop in to a paint shop and see if they can find a match or Nissan dealer as recommended. cheers.

retropearl, Dec 5, 7:01am
yes, just touching up with either paint stick or buy small 300ml can and touch up with fine brush.

grangies, Dec 5, 7:51am
Chateau Pearl!. . Painted by Nissan NZ.

Code is 643B .

This site has most NZ built colours. http://color-online.glasurit.com/CCC/!language=8

grangies, Dec 5, 7:55am
Looking at the Glasurit webite under Nissan NZ, the colour called "rosewood" sparks the memory banks too.

Chateau and Rosewood were the popular dark reds in the mid 90's. Although I think Rosewood was darker.

gunhand, Dec 5, 7:56am
Now you have done it LOL,

grangies, Dec 5, 8:16am
I say it's Chateau Pearl LOLOL.

And to get the precise formula the owner will have to go to a PPG/COBRA , orGlasurit sales outlet.

And even then I bet it will still be a shade or two too dark or light, or yellow, or violet. Or even too sparkly or maybe too fine LOL.

The NZ colours can be a right pain in the ass.

gunhand, Dec 5, 8:24am
And it will have 15 years of fade to deal with LOL, so the odds are the colour off the code wouldnt match anyway. and probably been touched up a few times as well.

gammelvind, Dec 5, 8:42am
Being originally a Dulux Cobra colour, go to your local PPG supplier and they will be able to mix you some, either using a spectometer, colour swatches, or the good old fashioned eye matching. They do it everyday.

grangies, Dec 5, 8:59am
What if I asked them to eye match me only 250mls of that dark red! LOL

gammelvind, Dec 5, 9:06am
No problem, we do just that daily, you will probably find you will be able to get 400 ml for the same money.

retropearl, Dec 5, 5:21pm
cheers! thanks everyone for your help.will check it out. No paint fade on car anywhere.it's always been garaged and paint work is still immacuate!

kazbanz, Dec 5, 7:13pm
Which was exactly my point.-a code match I bet wont match to the actual paint

retropearl, Dec 5, 7:42pm
I rang Nissan and it's 631 rosewood pearl

retropearl, Dec 5, 8:19pm
I ring the paint shop and they don't recognisecode coming up as green when infact my car is burgandy!Will have to take to them I guess

rob_man, Dec 5, 9:05pm
Was that a PPG dealer! very few of the others will have it on record.

retropearl, Dec 6, 1:13am
Dunno union hardware in wellington only paint shop I know of as used them in the past