Is owning and old car going to be a crime

neville106, Dec 5, 10:39pm
soon !

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm!c_id=1&objectid=10852259

Ilovemyoldvehicles, themostmodernoneihaveis a 92 toyota corolla. Theoldesta 32 ford.

berg, Dec 6, 1:50am
MTA doing its level best to keep it's golden egg laying goose. Funny how many of the sh1theaps I see every day don't have WOFs anyway.

mrfxit, Dec 6, 2:21am
Mmmm.now let me think what was on the last wof sheet for my 88 Surf. . & the 7 wofs before .Mmmmmmm

NOTHING but POSITIVE TICKS

tuttyclan, Dec 6, 2:44am
My fleet from the newest to the oldest,1997,1994,1982,1965,196-
0.Not likely to be updating anytime soon.

bellky, Dec 6, 2:46am
Haha similarly here. '98, '94, '91, and '74 :)

socram, Dec 6, 5:38am
Cooper "S" is 10 years old this week.As good as new. Not high mileage, but the bodywork (ie potential rust area) is 100%, tyres are 1/4 worn, depreciated value is about $3,000.A WoF annually is all it really needs but no way am I selling it.Why would I!

neville106, Dec 6, 5:58am
Samehereyougettoknowyourvehicles. Sowhywouldyousell them!

Thenyouhavetousuallybuyanotherandlearnallthe secretsandwaysofthenew vehicle.

johnf_456, Dec 6, 6:00am
Same here,most recent is a 97. But all brilliant condition and i often get comments saying how do you keep your car in such good nick.

aredwood, Dec 6, 7:20am
The threat of emission testing will be making people hold on to their old cars. Just buy an old NZ new car. It wasn't required to meet any emission tests when made. Therefore they can only get you if it blows visible smoke.

petermcg, Dec 6, 8:27am
I like my old vehicles and enjoy keeping them going,1993 1978 1995

nukhelenc, Dec 6, 8:34am
realy
You must be bored with patrolling TMD

nukhelenc, Dec 6, 8:37am
O your in motoring with bellky
how can any1 take you for real with all your policeman talk in TMD.
Or is this the same rubbish you post all over trademe!

splinter67, Dec 6, 8:40am
Nah its worse over here

valiantpaul, Dec 6, 8:41am
Surely spending 100 odd dollars a year on your own and your family's safety is a peanuts compared to what could potentially be wrong with your vehicle! There seem to be a lot of people overly confident in their vehicle maintaining abilitys, however the reality is how oftern do you give your car a REALLY good check over! Do you inspect the rubber brake hoses, check brake ballance, suspension wear, chassis rust etc! I doubt anyone would, instead we wait until we are forced to repair our cars at wof time.
Kiwi's rely on this system, and it works. Just imagine what the standard of vehicles will be on the road in 5 years time!

nukhelenc, Dec 6, 8:44am
Ill be sure to undertake a jon & bellky wof more often then if its worse here.

neville48, Dec 6, 9:11am
Mine 2004, 1996,1981,1967,1962 and I believe that any cars over 40 years old should be WOF'ed every 12 months or on mileage.

franc123, Dec 6, 9:48am
There isn't and never has been anything stopping motorists at any time from seeking an expert opinion on the condition of their car, be it for roadworthiness or other mechanical issues. In fact if you read the fine print on the back of wof checksheets its actually a legal requirement to do this already if you suspect there is a problem.Amazingly enough if you read a manufacturers service schedule (a completely foreign document to a lot of people admittedly) most of the wof stuff is covered. If you get your car checked and serviced by the book and apply common sense and take individual responsibility (shock horror) there isn't a problem. If people can't do that we need to be converting more back into pedestrians, in fact why don't we engage public servants to wipe their bums too. Relying on a default 6 month generic Govt ordered check is pathetic.

johnf_456, Dec 6, 9:54am
Well said franc123, I wonder how far away the goose that laid the golden egg is from turning up here. (MTA)

franc123, Dec 6, 10:02am
I think he's been too busy spouting other untruths to the media, have a look at nztools link in the other thread about the old Waimate cars if you haven't had a look already.

johnf_456, Dec 6, 10:04am
I will have a look, cheers

nukhelenc, Dec 6, 10:14am
really!

oversize, Dec 7, 7:00pm
newest here is a 97 then the next is 86.
seldom have things that need doing on wof checks
but then do checks in between anyway.

be interesting to do analysis of crashes and age of vehicle involved vs number of cars of that age on the road