Motorcycle Helmet. ICON Variant.

lozza, Dec 14, 11:20am
I've been looking at these does anyone have one that could give any advise on the sizing as there is no place to go in NZ to try one.

I have a 58.5cm head which is a large in an ICON, and my Shoei is a large yet I have read and viewed vids that say they do fun one size bigger, so that would mean a medium would suit, yet others say they can be tight. Any ideas!

Cheers.

peril787b1, Dec 14, 12:07pm
Personally, if you can't try it on and feel how it fits, is it worth the risk!I'd never by a helmet over the internet. If it doesn't fit properly it could cause pressure on your head which may break your concentration just long enough to crash.

berg, Dec 14, 5:55pm
I agree with peril787b1 on this one. You are potentially going to do thousands of kms with this helmet on your head. As we all have different shaped heads you need to know it will fit and be comfortable before paying any money.

gunhand, Dec 14, 8:28pm
The others are correct.And why Icon brand when there are so many in the shops to try on first.
And helmet sizes while a guide are irrelivent as they all fit differently. No human skull and face shape is the same so you may try a few brands before you fifnd one. You say you have Shoei, why the change or isit worn out!

lozza, Dec 14, 9:15pm
Oh I too agree with all of you. Yes gunhand there are plenty of brands out there and my Qwest and Arai are fine, just want something different as I now have a Dorsoduro and I wanna look like a hooligan.

As it stands I have 5 helmets, 2 Moto-X, 1 for the motard and 2 road. Yet I like the look of the Variant.

If I got one and it was wrong I could send it back, get another, or flick it on, no big deal, I defiantly wouldn't wear it if there where hot spots while on.

I was only curious to see if anyone in NZ actually did have one! My motorcycle shop I use has no issues getting it at cost for me, like my ICON jacket. Yet I'd rather not muck them around and try to get a true size. The sm to med are the same shell, like the lrg to xxl are. They just have different linings so it's not to much of an issue to adjust.

Thanks for all of your safety tips though I wish a few guys I know would listen to them.

gunhand, Dec 14, 10:18pm
Well that all makes sence then.carrry on LOL.Hope you find one you like.