Car values

Page 1 / 2
pursuit32, Dec 30, 3:36am
Why is it people on trade me want the same if not more for a car as the dealers. Do they realise the dealers business costs in total for the car to get ready to sell. Maybe they should go onto a japanese export website to get the true value of a car. Not to mention a car of 2000 is 13 yrs old people! Then they moan they can't sell it.

a.woodrow, Dec 30, 3:41am
Well sometimes then private sale vehicle may have more features, less km's or in some way be better than the dealer one. sometimes it's supply and demand, and they know they can get the higher price. Sometimes of course, you just need to tell em they're dreeeaming

a.woodrow, Dec 30, 3:44am
Also I don't think that a private seller would take into account dealer margins at all when they put their car up for sale

And sometimes it's a case of "yes dear, I've got it up for sale like you made me, funny but nobody is keen" because they don't want to let it go, but happy wife, happy life and all that

leanne_6, Dec 30, 3:48am
im pretty sure dealers have to sell a car with wof and 6 months rego if its not sold as is where is

murray55, Dec 30, 4:04am
"Classic" and "Other" listings are full of sellers who think just because a vehicle is getting on in years it is worth big $$$, irrespective of the fact most of them were dead ordinary when new, let alone now when they are just plain dead !

pebbles61, Dec 30, 4:22am
^^^ This. Always seems to be some joker selling some late 70s Jappa, Pommy, Yankee car for silly money because it's 'cool bro' lol

sw20, Dec 30, 5:02am
Always have been dreamers, always will be.

lombax, Dec 30, 6:14am
Just leave the "classic's to the expert's, you obviously dont know a thing about them,you both must drive jappa's or euro,. muppets who know it all

lookoutas, Dec 30, 6:24am
Give that man a Spieghts

murray55, Dec 30, 8:08am
You couldn't be more wrong !

thunderbolt, Dec 30, 8:21am
Since 90% of your threads are about overpriced classics, I think the poster has you pegged correct!

murray55, Dec 30, 8:44am
But that's the thing .I love my classics and have been around cars for years. However IMHO I do not consider some old base model Falcon on it's last legs a "classic" .let alone worth umpteen thousands !

pebbles61, Dec 30, 8:48am
So there's no such thing as a classic Jappa or Euro car!.=/

jmma, Dec 30, 8:55am
Maybe, maybe not, but Kermit is a Classic muppet (o:

00quattro00, Dec 30, 8:57am
The only classics worth owning come from europe

pebbles61, Dec 30, 8:58am
Well if you count the UK as part of Europe, then yes lol

But saying that I can see why people like their Jappas and Yank cars too

jmma, Dec 30, 9:00am
Is my Jappa Honda GB400TT a Classic yet!

austingtir, Dec 30, 9:01am
The price of GTR skyline's has me a bit amused look at the sheer amount of them and then look at the varying $$ values attached to them its rather ridiculous. Nissan made over 50,000 r32 GTR's let alone r33 and r34.And people think they are worth upto the crazy prices on here.Not one of the cars i can see on here at the moment is anything special history wise a few of them have some very nice parts put into them though.

Dont get me wrong as i still am a huge GTR fan but im certainly not going to buy one at those prices.

pebbles61, Dec 30, 9:07am
Hmmmmm they're slowly getting there, give it another 10 years. They certainly have cool factor already _b

lookoutas, Dec 30, 7:47pm
What's a Goldie worth!

To me - $5.00
Try telling that to the guy that's just paid $323k for one.

If you don't wanta pay a certain price for a car. "Go away"

tgray, Dec 30, 7:50pm
Not quite! lol.

chebry, Dec 30, 8:04pm
Classic cars are a different category to plain old used cars, Cars requiring a full rebuild unless very very rare like a GTHO Falcon are worthless when you consider the investment needed to bring them up to scratch, and their resale value will never recover that investment, Used cars are worth what you can get for them dealers put unrealistic prices on cars all the time private vendors follow that lead

murray55, Dec 30, 8:37pm
Exactly !The worse offenders seem to be the old Aussie sedans, often no wof or rego, rusty and need of major work costing a fortune. Suddenly these are somehow worth thousands . I've owned older Falcons, Valiantsin the past and they have been good reliable transport, but in no way could I describe them as exciting or special in any way. An E49, or GTHO different kettle of fish all together, and IMHO deserve their status, but some old bog standard 6 cyl Falcon, come on !

chebry, Dec 30, 8:51pm
Those old Aussie sedans are not rare there are thousands of the lying around in OZ often EHs etc can still be found in local rubbish tips, I sold a one previous owner EH 179 auto Special sedan for $1750 new Tassie reg good driver ran well @ $3500 to ship back here I couldnt see the point, big mistake people here are paying stupid money for scrap or asking stupid money for same. The Huon Valley traffic was still featuring Zephyrs wagons and utes as daily drivers old Holdens were just traffic.

rozendaal, Dec 30, 9:47pm
North Western Tasmania is full of 70's Jappas and other old cars in beautiful condition; amazing really considering their affinity to rust