Which Make of car? pros and cons

catznznz, Dec 30, 9:54am
Looking for a new car. Something smalll for mainly around town. Whats your view on Ford fiesta, Suzuki swiftor Mazda Ist/vitz
Thanks

leonard57, Dec 30, 10:24am
the way petrol prices are continually rising id say none

pebbles61, Dec 30, 10:28am
A Mini (like an actual one, now those new silly things)

Or if you're by yourself (or just you and the mrs).motorcycle.

thunderbolt, Dec 30, 10:33am
Just been through this process for two family members.
Picked the IST for my mother due to high seat height making enrty/exit easier for her and she wanted a Toyota due to personal choice.
For my wife we went late model swift, 1500 manual.
Was her favourite car to drive of all we tried, and it uses about half the fuel of the 1800 astra auto it replaced.
In both cases, the ladies are very happy with their new chariots.

wrf1, Dec 30, 10:43am
Daihatsu Sirion (2003) 1.3l Manual. I've done 189000k, NO faults EVER, never failed a warrant at all. Also cheaper than those mentioned, more economical and gruntier! Google it. When I sell it, I'll buy another. Or you could just be a trendsetter and pay 50% more for a Swift.

wasser61, Dec 30, 1:09pm
If you are buying a new car then the Fiesta would be the pick of the bunch.

cassina1, Dec 30, 10:33pm
With small cars though there is a trade off safety wise with less metal around you and you dont have any power to get out of possible difficult
situations.

bmwnz, Dec 30, 10:39pm
IMO, it really doesn't matter. Pick whatever appeals to you. No matter what the marque is, some people here will says its rubbish and others will praise it mightily. Every marque will have good and bad examples.

lazzo, Dec 30, 11:04pm
Personally I like the Honda Jazz, but if I had to pick from those three it would be the Ford Fiesta as an easy winner.

edangus, Dec 30, 11:06pm
Id be the Mazda, then the Fiesta

lazzo, Dec 31, 4:31am
I think OP actually meant Toyota when they said "Mazda Ist/Vitz"

aragorn2003, Dec 31, 4:38am
The new demios are pretty styley